Will Justin Burke rethink..........

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad sees his dad everyday(they work for competing companies) and him and his dad seem solid to the core in their conviction in going to NCST. He really believes that Marc Trestman can elevate his game to a professional level and I would be very surprised to see him de-commit. However if he does, I hope he is a CAT.

his decision to go to NC State if former Tennessee quarterback Brent Schaeffer decides to play for the Wolfpack?

I'm a huge UT fan. Brent and Justin from what I have read on here are 2 totally differnt QB's. He got into a lot of trouble at UT so why do you think it won't be much differnt at NCSTATE?

I'm a huge UT fan. Brent and Justin from what I have read on here are 2 totally differnt QB's. He got into a lot of trouble at UT so why do you think it won't be much differnt at NCSTATE?

No disrespect to any Vol fan, but many players seem to get in trouble in Knoxville. I have heard that Schaeffer is a pretty good kid.

My dad sees his dad everyday(they work for competing companies) and him and his dad seem solid to the core in their conviction in going to NCST. He really believes that Marc Trestman can elevate his game to a professional level and I would be very surprised to see him de-commit. However if he does, I hope he is a CAT.

Marc Trestman is well respected as a quarterback coach and has a long NFL resume. The problem, in Justin's case, is that Trestman is a known NFL nomad, and has never stayed in one place longer than three years. Will he be there during Justin's time at NC State?

While I'm no expert on UT qbs, it seems that they are more hype than ability. Thus, if this kid ends up at NCST, I don't see Burke being behind the kid.

NC State LOVES Brent Schaeffer. He was their #1 recruit when he opted for Tennessee. Schaeffer will only have two years of eligibility right? That would be Burke's redshirt sophomore year.

I think JB will go down there and compete from day one. He is a special player and a student of the game. He is very intellegent and works as hard as you are going to find. I have all the confidence in the world in him no matter which QB is or isn't at NC State next year.

NC State LOVES Brent Schaeffer. He was their #1 recruit when he opted for Tennessee. Schaeffer will only have two years of eligibility right? That would be Burke's redshirt sophomore year.

UT loved the kid as well. How'd that work out?

While I'm no expert on UT qbs, it seems that they are more hype than ability. Thus, if this kid ends up at NCST, I don't see Burke being behind the kid.

I am a great admirer of Justin Burke as well. He stood for all the good things about high school football while he was at Lexington Catholic. But Brent Schaeffer is the once in a long while player who brings an offense instant explosion. Favorable comparisons would be with Michael Vick and Vincent Young. Mark my word, which ever school he chooses (NC State or Ole Miss with his decision coming tomorrow) will have immediate offensive success. Trust me, Justin is not in a league with this kid at this time.

I am a great admirer of Justin Burke as well. He stood for all the good things about high school football while he was at Lexington Catholic. But Brent Schaeffer is the once in a long while player who brings an offense instant explosion. Favorable comparisons would be with Michael Vick and Vincent Young. Mark my word, which ever school he chooses (NC State or Ole Miss with his decision coming tomorrow) will have immediate offensive success. Trust me, Justin is not in a league with this kid at this time.

He did get to play at UT, right? Didn't he lose his job to Ainge?