Will Justin Burke rethink..........

his decision to go to NC State if former Tennessee quarterback Brent Schaeffer decides to play for the Wolfpack?

No matter what D1 program you go to there will always be competition. I say that he should stay there prove he is the player that can lead NCST.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we tend to agree on a lot but this one I can't. Last time I checked, Peyton Manning wasn't a lot of hype.

As for Burke, I think he'll be just fine if he goes to NC State. Schaeffer is a good athlete, but tends to have off field troubles. Don't know if he'll last there long either.

OK. Good exception to the rule and I'll say Tee Martin is an exeption as well. Their recent crop though is hype first, talent second.

UT loved the kid as well. How'd that work out?

True. UT was trying to make three qb's happy. I think their plan was to move Shaeffer. It may all be a mute point anyhow, with Werner and Kehoe going to Ole Miss, don't be surprised if he's not a Rebel next year. For the record, I think Burke has a legitimate shot of being in the NFL. He's an incredible player/young man. :thumb:

PM away, my friend. I'm just saying that so far he's all hype.

Actually, he's not all hype and he wasn't beaten out. He was politic-ed(?) out. But Burke's the investment and NC State better put ALL their money on him, because he can lead them to an ACC title someday.

:rolleyes: =cshs81]That makes perfect sense since there is no pressure on Fulmer to win the SEC or National title. He doesn't need to play the best qb, right?

Well, evidently there captain sarcasm. It's obvious NONE of the three could get it done. But then again, he wouldn't leave one of them in long enough to get anything going. :rolleyes:

You having a bad day?

:rolleyes: =cshs81]That makes perfect sense since there is no pressure on Fulmer to win the SEC or National title. He doesn't need to play the best qb, right?

Well, evidently there captain sarcasm. It's obvious NONE of the three could get it done. But then again, he wouldn't leave one of them in long enough to get anything going. :rolleyes:

You having a bad day?

I get a little sideways when people break out the "politics" line.

You having a bad day?

And...? Do you honestly think he wasn't trying to keep each of those kids happy?

And...? Do you honestly think he wasn't trying to keep each of those kids happy?

Happy is not a concern for a head coach with big expectations. This isn't grade school. There are not 10 coaches in America with higher expectations from their fan base than Fulmer. Politics have zip to do with any decision he makes.

If politics were his MO, CJ Leak would have seen a lot of action at qb so that his younger brother would also come to UT. Didn't happen. Chris Leak goes to FLA.