Will Justin Burke rethink..........

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The situation was actually that Schaeffer hurt his collarbone and that is the reason Claussen even got to play in 2004. Ainge and Schaeffer were sharing time and both got hurt. Rivals.com says Brent Schaeffer and Tim Tebow are the only two five-star players as dual threat quarterbacks this year. I'd say he is rated as being pretty darn good. Matter of fact, I'd stick my neck out and say he is great.

I personally think he'll go to Ole Miss to stay in the SEC, and possibly have the opportunity to compete against Tennessee, but if he chooses NC State, the consenses is Justin Burke won't be playing his first two years of college.

The situation was actually that Schaeffer hurt his collarbone and that is the reason Claussen even got to play in 2004. Ainge and Schaeffer were sharing time and both got hurt. Rivals.com says Brent Schaeffer and Tim Tebow are the only two five-star players as dual threat quarterbacks this year. I'd say he is rated as being pretty darn good. Matter of fact, I'd stick my neck out and say he is great.

I personally think he'll go to Ole Miss to stay in the SEC, and possibly have the opportunity to compete against Tennessee, but if he chooses NC State, the consenses is Justin Burke won't be playing his first two years of college.

There are rivals ratings and then there is doing it on the field. At least he has the rivals ratings going for him.

He has already done it on two college fields.......Tennessee and junior college where he lit it up. That is part of the reason he is so highly regarded....he is an experienced talent.

As I said before, I don't see a lot of UT games. However, I have no memory of him every lighting it up at UT. If he did, Ainge would never have seen the field.

Until the kid proves he's a top-notch qb (and I no reason to hope he fails), he has proven NOTHING at the D1 level which makes him equal to Burke.

As I said before, I don't see a lot of UT games. However, I have no memory of him every lighting it up at UT. If he did, Ainge would never have seen the field.

Until the kid proves he's a top-notch qb (and I no reason to hope he fails), he has proven NOTHING at the D1 level which makes him equal to Burke.

You are ill informed. I'll send you a private message next fall when Brent Schaeffer becomes the ESPN highlight poster child, regardless of which of the two teams he chooses, and I'll remind you......I TRIED TO TELL YOU SO ON BGP IN JANUARY!

You are ill informed. I'll send you a private message next fall when Brent Schaeffer becomes the ESPN highlight poster child, regardless of which of the two teams he chooses, and I'll remind you......I TRIED TO TELL YOU SO ON BGP IN JANUARY!

PM away, my friend. I'm just saying that so far he's all hype.

I saw him play against HHS in the playoffs.... he can roll with any program. Not as big as I thought but good mechanics and crafty.... I am sure they will have him hitting the weights...... really stuck it to the Birds in the playoffs....

I was also in attendance at that game. Burke took a big hit on his knee early in the game. You could tell it was hurting him (especially on punts) but he played through the pain. Very impressive

Everyone knows that LC went into offensive maintenance mode after Burke's injury early in the game at Highlands and also after recognizing that Highlands could not score on LC. What you saw that night was no reflection on what Burke does when it is full throttle. That was just game adjustment due to injury and due to the staff letting their defense win the game without taking any unnecessary risks. And yes, Burke is one tough son of a gun, both physically and mentally.

17 points is "sticking it to the Birds"?

What did he do to the Colonels the previous week?

As I remember, "all" CovCath had to do was stop Burke on a 4th and 10. If they had, they would have rolled to the state finals and their own championship. (At least that seemed to be the concensus on BGP)

And, as I recall, Burke came up to the LOS, looked over the defense, stood straight up, turned to his coach and gave him a thumbs up for all the world to see. Then he played the defense perfect, threw a screen that went for a touchdown...and LexCath went on to take it all.

If I understand the NC State situation, Schaeffer is at least 2 years older than Burke.

I don't know many coaches who start a freshman QB, no matter how talented, unless circumstances demand it, so I can't imagine Burke having a major problem with Schaeffer showing up. Besides, competition just makes you better.

Burke is indeed "crafty" on the field (see CovCath), very gutsy through the pain (see Highlands) and an extremely talented QB (see the state records)

I suspect you'll be seeing him do okay in college.

While I'm no expert on UT qbs, it seems that they are more hype than ability. Thus, if this kid ends up at NCST, I don't see Burke being behind the kid.

I know we tend to agree on a lot but this one I can't. Last time I checked, Peyton Manning wasn't a lot of hype.

As for Burke, I think he'll be just fine if he goes to NC State. Schaeffer is a good athlete, but tends to have off field troubles. Don't know if he'll last there long either.

He has already done it on two college fields.......Tennessee and junior college where he lit it up. That is part of the reason he is so highly regarded....he is an experienced talent.

18-37 49% 302 yds 2TD 1INT

33-66yds rushing 1 TD

That isn't tearing it up in my book.