Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 75 Kentucky 68

Featured Replies

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37989[/ATTACH]

 

:lol: :lol:

 

My favorite post so far. :lol:

  • Replies 193
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressed with Plumlee in the two games I've watched this year. Tyler Zeller is the best big man in the country, but Plumlee isn't far behind.

If Harrow does in fact have mono, fatiguing side effects can last weeks or even months after the virus is gone. Something to keep an eye on..

What about the play of Nerlens Noel last night? The kid showed a high motor and offensively was huge. If he had a better drop step move he could have scored 6 or 8 more points. His stat line last night was 16 pts, 8 boards, 4 steals, 2 assists and 3 blocks. I will take that every night out of my man Kid n Play.

 

Worst stat lines of the night.

 

Wiljter- 32 minutes.... 5 pts and 3 rebounds

Hood- 1 minute nuff said

Polson- 12 minutes.... zero points...3 fouls and 1 turnover.

 

We have to get better production out of Wiljter plain and simple. He has to avg 12 to 14 pts each game and has to do it with his 3pt shooting.

 

Mayes is just not quick and seems like one of those guys you see at the playground...you know....the 30 yr old guy who cant move as quick as the younger 20 yr olds but loves to jack em up. LOL

Even though Duke played poorly in this one they still were able to do enough to beat the young Cats.

The game was closer than I thought it would be. Good to see the team rally when down by 14 or more points. I knew Alex had it in him, gld to see him be the beast that Cal expects him to be. Team must realize that every game they play the other team will give them thier best shot,. We may see some losses that we don't expect them to have. All in all saw some real bright spots in the team last night.

How far will UK fall in the rankings? Also, does anyone know UK's all-time win-loss record against Duke? I'd have to believe Duke has the advantage overall.

 

 

11-9 Kentucky. Kentucky's Record versus Duke

While I agree to an extent, Brandon Knight isn't walking through that door to play PG. Knight and Teague were huge parts of the last two teams, and Harrow quite simply isn't on that level no matter how much he improves (and he will) from now until March. Cal is going to have to do his best coaching job yet with this team because of the clear talent gap at the 1...

 

 

Not only on the offense running the point, but Wall, Knight and Teague could all play pretty good defense too.

A lot of people on Wiltjer so far, in which I agree he has to have steady solid plays on open shots and some drives. But how many shots did he actually take last night or get open looks at the basket. I don't think get got near as many as the Maryland game.

 

I really think UK will be fine, and that this loss will do them good (But why did it have to be Duke.....). The biggest issue I saw last night was rebounding. There were little spurts, but overall people just watched the ball roll of the rim and very few people actually went after the ball.

 

Where was WCS last night?

I'm really worried about Corleone. I'm afraid he may be on suicide watch.

Couldn't be upset. Duke was simply better last night. Really liked what I saw from Noel, Poythress, and Goodwin though. Wiltjer needs to find a way to get open looks behind the arc. He was a huge liability last night on defense.

Where was WCS last night?

 

On the bench for 34 minutes.

A few of MJ's thoughts from last night, that I don't think have been mentioned:

 

Everyone is pointing fingers at Wiltjer, which is deserved, but everyone is saying what we already know. I don't think anyone has given credit to Duke's defense for recognizing that they needed to take him out of the game. He rarely had a good look, one of the few he did have was when he sunk the three early in the game. Kelly did a great job not giving Wiltjer any room at all (easiest assignment he might have all year). I wasn't in Coach K's lockerroom, but I imagine that it was a point of emphasis to take away Wiltjer's looks. Doesn't seem like Cal runs many screens for Wiltjer, probably because he's to slow to get open off those. His threes come in transistion or off broken plays, but Kelly stayed tight to him. Games like last night, Wiltjer needs to get in the post some where he can still be somewhat affective on offense.

 

Speaking about Kelly, I think Wiltjer should watch his game tape. He's a pretty solid player, similar size, a good shooter, and move well without the ball.

 

How UK doesn't fully take advantage of Plumlee's foul trouble, and even the backup's foul trouble. They did like once and then never went back.

 

Duke played good last night and their experience showed. I give them credit and this loss will hopefully be something the young studs learn from moving forward. However, I have to say it and surprised that no one else has. I love when players are smart and take advantage of the game, but damn Duke is lucky that the flopping rule is only in affect in the NBA right now. They were flopping all over place, on UK's drive, rebounds, and etc. I'd have to watch the game again, but I felt like it was a lot. Is that why UK lost? No, and thankfully the officials didnt' fall for it too much, but that must be something they continually work on at Duke lol. Smart by Coach K, but damn lol.

Edited by MJAlltheWay24

Plumlee had the best stat line of all time. 18 points 5 rebounds and 21 fouls. All jokes aside Duke is a solid team that will be hard to beat this season. Cats will be just fine.

 

The guy fouled all night long..After his 4th foul he committed 7 more before the 5th was called.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.