November 14, 201213 yr This team reminds me of the 2010 team that ended up losing 9 games yet made the Final Four. They will take lumps and play down to their competition but eventually in January or February, the light bulb will go off and this team will reach it's potential. Duke was the better team tonight and some of it was experience but I would say the most of it came from UK not knowing how to play together yet. While I agree to an extent, Brandon Knight isn't walking through that door to play PG. Knight and Teague were huge parts of the last two teams, and Harrow quite simply isn't on that level no matter how much he improves (and he will) from now until March. Cal is going to have to do his best coaching job yet with this team because of the clear talent gap at the 1...
November 14, 201213 yr While I agree to an extent, Brandon Knight isn't walking through that door to play PG. Knight and Teague were huge parts of the last two teams, and Harrow quite simply isn't on that level no matter how much he improves (and he will) from now until March. Cal is going to have to do his best coaching job yet with this team because of the clear talent gap at the 1... Agree 1,000%. :thumb: Cats will go as far as the PG position can take them.
November 14, 201213 yr Agree 1,000%. :thumb: Cats will go as far as the PG position can take them. Really the biggest storyline is if he decides to go the Tyreke route with Archie. I'd stay the course with Harrow as long as possible to keep him at the 2, but it will be a very interesting storyline either way...
November 14, 201213 yr I think you have to stick with Harrow. The team needs Goodwin off the ball IMO. But I would undoubtedly go Goodwin over Polson.
November 14, 201213 yr While I agree to an extent, Brandon Knight isn't walking through that door to play PG. Knight and Teague were huge parts of the last two teams, and Harrow quite simply isn't on that level no matter how much he improves (and he will) from now until March. Cal is going to have to do his best coaching job yet with this team because of the clear talent gap at the 1... Tough to criticize Harrow at this point although I agree with you. Cats could have won this game with Harrow at the point tonight and that is scary to think about.
November 14, 201213 yr Because Duke combines talent & experience, I'm taking them by about 7 points in this one. Sometimes, I hate being so smart.
November 14, 201213 yr UK is a swing man away, Wiltjer can't hide from athletic teams. I just wanna fast forward the year so I can see the Poythress YouTube clips. UK needs a point guard not a swing man.
November 14, 201213 yr This team reminds me of the 2010 team that ended up losing 9 games yet made the Final Four. They will take lumps and play down to their competition but eventually in January or February, the light bulb will go off and this team will reach it's potential. Duke was the better team tonight and some of it was experience but I would say the most of it came from UK not knowing how to play together yet. I feel like I heard someone say this in an earlier post in this thread haha.
November 14, 201213 yr The chatter now is that Harrow may have mono, which is what I suspected when they went for blood work. This team is similar to the the 2010-11 team in ways. The biggest difference is that UK doesn't have the length off the bench as they did with that team with Miller and Liggins off the bench. Nor are they as fast as that team. On the flip side they have Noel and WCS in the post. Both aren't dependable scorers but will get better. Plus Poythress can develop into a dang gone good player. One issue they have is their level of athleticism drops with Mays and Wiltjer on the floor. Mays can be a dependable, but not athletic. Wiltjer is what he is...a pick and pop guy and receiver on the penetrate and kick. Goodwin is a more dynamic scorer than Knight was and a better ball handler, IMO. Knight was right hand dominated and never really developed a left hand his freshman year. Knight was not a great passer, he was not even a 2-1 assist to turnover ratio. However, Knight's wingman at the two was Lamb. I think the best bet is for Harrow to develop, but that will be stunted a bit with Harrow possibly having mono. I thought going in this had the makings of the UK-UConn game in Maui. Duke was better team tonight. I liked how UK fought back and had the ball in the air for the tie. Two solid games tonight.
November 14, 201213 yr I would have been ecstatic if the Cats won tonight. Knew Duke was the favorite at this point in season. Cats were fortunate because Duke gave them 3 points on FT lane violations. Cats have a few weeks to improve before a matchup with Baylor. Once this team starts to play D in late December, they will be VERY tough to beat. I don't believe Duke was the favorite. A #3 against a #9.
November 14, 201213 yr I don't believe Duke was the favorite. A #3 against a #9. You might not think that, but Vegas had Duke as the favorite.
November 14, 201213 yr I don't believe Duke was the favorite. A #3 against a #9. Numbers don't matter. Vegas had Duke the favorite.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.