Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 75 Kentucky 68

Featured Replies

  • Author
Last year after Duke lost to Lehigh, my uncle calls me and slams me. My only reply " I will remember this November 13th." Apparently he didn't enjoy my call that he received. Took me 3 tries today to get through to him. Still feels great to win :D

 

Revenge is a dish best served cold!

  • Replies 193
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree. Last year's championship should have me relaxed for at least a couple more years.

 

Bill Simmons Championship rule. No complaining for 5 years after a title.

 

 

Sounds good to me.

 

 

I was only 10 years old when they won in 98', and let me tell you that sure turned into a long agonizing wait. The 2005 game I think (the one against Mich St. with the Sparks roll around at the buzzer) was a tough one, especially after the losses to UAB and Marquette a few years earlier. Then once we creeped into the Gillespie era it got real tough.

 

 

 

After winning last year though I'm good for a while. 2012 is a lot better than 1998, I just hope we don't have to wait another 14 years. I can handle 5-6, 14 is too long and agonizing. :D

Back to serious analysis...Duke was clearly the better team. I don't, however, think they are a great team right now. To be a championship contender, they're going to have to find scoring from someone other than Curry & Plumlee. If someone does step up, I expect it to be Sulaimon.

 

A little disappointed that Jefferson didn't get much run last night. I thought with his athleticism he would have made more of an impact.

Sulaimon did have 10 points, 5 assists, and 6 reb....0 turnovers.....I need to see improvement on shooting %

It just goes to show that deep down this matchup really isn't a rivalry at all, as much as most Big Blue Nation tries to make it seems like it is. If they lost this game to Louisville last night then all hell would be breaking lose and BGP would be shutdown this afternoon with some suspensions probably.

 

In saying that I'd love to see an early matchup with Duke every year. Or bring back UNC. Good compeititon early is good for our young team (that we will always have as long as Cal is coaching).

 

Especially with the younger generation of fans.

Yeah guys, Duke won last night.

 

UK didn't have their PG either. Let's not get too crazy.

 

The lack of a perimeter defender is the only thing that worried me last night. An average Seth Curry did whatever he wanted.

 

While Seth Curry may not have the "look" of some others....kid can score....he is much better than average.

While Seth Curry may not have the "look" of some others....kid can score....he is much better than average.

 

Entering the game Tuesday night, my perception was that he's an average player. That isn't the case anymore. Much better than I expected.

I think UK and Duke could be a great rivalry, it's a series that needs to be played year in and year out. I for one would rather see a UK/Duke series than a UK/UNC series.

I think UK and Duke could be a great rivalry, it's a series that needs to be played year in and year out. I for one would rather see a UK/Duke series than a UK/UNC series.

 

I like the UK/Duke series, but as a fan I enjoy home & home stuff, which is what UK/UNC has been.

I like the UK/Duke series, but as a fan I enjoy home & home stuff, which is what UK/UNC has been.

 

Agreed, I actually meant a home and home with Duke.

Agreed, I actually meant a home and home with Duke.

 

I think UK & Duke will start an annual series, but I don't think either of them are interested in a home & home.

I think UK & Duke will start an annual series, but I don't think either of them are interested in a home & home.

 

Sadly that's true

-

 

-Where in the world was WCS in the second half??

 

People, remember you can only play 5 at a time! Nerlens was playing good last night. If you put WCS in then who you taking out? Is WCS or Nerlens going to guard Kelly out on the three point line? If they are in the game together you now have 2 players that have to play on the blocks. This takes away all driving lanes for Goodwin and Porthreus. Unless Cal changes his offense you will not see WCS a whole lot. It has an effect on other players if he and Nerlens play at the same time.

Entering the game Tuesday night, my perception was that he's an average player. That isn't the case anymore. Much better than I expected.

 

A good point can be made from that. He really hasnt been that guy who has to score his time at Duke though. Now he is put into that role. This was the reason for his transfer to Duke. I expect big things from him this season.

Sulaimon did have 10 points, 5 assists, and 6 reb....0 turnovers.....I need to see improvement on shooting %

 

He did have some nice looking shots. And boy did he look quick. Not used to that :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.