Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 75 Kentucky 68

Featured Replies

It's not just this thread. For the most part, the BBN seems very even-keeled about this loss.

 

I'm a little worried about us, to tell you the truth. :lol:

 

 

Honestly, I think being defending National Champs takes the edge off. Losing in game 2 of 2012-13 is no big deal, regardless of who you are playing, when you get to go home and look at that championship trophy. The closer it gets to March 2013 and the further it gets away from April 2, 2012, the edgier BBN will get.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That very well could be it. I would never in a million years have expected the BBN to be so subdued after losing to a team like Duke.

 

It just goes to show that deep down this matchup really isn't a rivalry at all, as much as most Big Blue Nation tries to make it seems like it is. If they lost this game to Louisville last night then all hell would be breaking lose and BGP would be shutdown this afternoon with some suspensions probably.

 

In saying that I'd love to see an early matchup with Duke every year. Or bring back UNC. Good compeititon early is good for our young team (that we will always have as long as Cal is coaching).

A creation of your own. There isn't one person in this thread that didn't know flopping/charges are a big part of Duke's defense. That doesn't mean people can't complain about it. Now that the NBA has instituted a rule on it, I wouldn't be surprised to see the NCAA try to do something about it as well. It really is pretty simple. It is a judgment call any way. You just instruct oifficials that when a player flops to the floor, make a call. If it isn't a charge, it is a foul on the defender. Flopping will drop instantly.

 

 

 

 

Actually, I think everyone in this thread is handling the loss very well. Losing this game didn't surprise anyone and losing in November means nothing. Losing in March is what hurts.

 

But this isn't the NBA. It's college. Where guys are still allowed to stand perfectly still and hit the ground when contact happens. I didn't see any over-the-top Manu Ginobli flops last night. I saw guys take contact and hit the floor. Sure you can cry and complain about it and I'll continue to defend it. Crying is crying. When Duke loses I'll show you guys how to lose gracefully and without complaining or crying for the sake of complaining or crying.

When Duke loses I'll show you guys how to lose gracefully and without complaining or crying for the sake of complaining or crying.

 

Hey, I'm not complaining or crying. I just said I wanted to kill you is all.

When Duke loses I'll show you guys how to lose gracefully and without complaining or crying for the sake of complaining or crying.

 

Gives most of us a break PP92. BBN only had to suffer two losses last year. We aren't used to it right now. If this is bad as the BBN gets on BGP, then I think we are losing very gracefully.

Hey, I'm not complaining or crying. I just said I wanted to kill you is all.

 

My favorite post. :lol:

Gives most of us a break PP92. BBN only had to suffer two losses last year. We aren't used to it right now. If this is bad as the BBN gets on BGP, then I think we are losing very gracefully.

 

You're gonna lose gracefully to me for the rest of your life in everything. Fantasy(basketball and football), pick em, college basketball, horseshoes, bowling, darts, Monopoly.

 

Last night was just practice.

What this thread needs is a GIF of Michael Jackson eating popcorn in the Thriller video. Sometimes, the little popcorn emoticon guy that we have just isn't sufficient. :lol:

-Goodwin needs to be on the floor as much as possible. He may be out of control at times, but he is electric.

 

-I would like to see Wiltjer get more shots.

 

-I thought early in the game we weren't bad on defense, but later in the game they started to go for more black shots and were leaving their feet more often.

 

-This team needs a pg to be a facilitator, and set up the offense and get guys in the right spots. Hopefully Harrow will be back soon. Polson is not the answer.

 

-Where in the world was WCS in the second half??

-Goodwin needs to be on the floor as much as possible. He may be out of control at times, but he is electric.

 

-I would like to see Wiltjer get more shots.

 

-I thought early in the game we weren't bad on defense, but later in the game they started to go for more black shots and were leaving their feet more often.

 

-This team needs a pg to be a facilitator, and set up the offense and get guys in the right spots. Hopefully Harrow will be back soon. Polson is not the answer.

 

-Where in the world was WCS in the second half??

 

I like Goodwin. A lot.

Goodwin hit a couple of pull-up jumpers--one in the first half from 3 & the other in the 2nd half from the elbow. Looked like a pro move & he connected on both. He has to learn to play under control, but he is ferocious in attacking the basket.

It's not just this thread. For the most part, the BBN seems very even-keeled about this loss.

 

I'm a little worried about us, to tell you the truth. :lol:

 

I agree. It's not just BGP either. I was very surprised at how the CP message board handled the loss.

 

Would have loved to win this one. Duke was the better team though.

 

As for the flopping, I've got no problems with it. Everyone knows flopping is a Blue Devil tradition. If the refs continue calling charges, I say keep flopping.

If the refs continue calling charges, I say keep flopping.

 

Yep.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.