Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 75 Kentucky 68

Featured Replies

I still believe Duke has the ugliest collection of white guys ever assembled on an organized athletic team.

 

Wiltjer is what he is, the guy is not going to get any faster. His game will always be about floor position and being in the right spot. But what is the alternative? UK really has 7 scholarship guys on their team. WCS just does not know what he is doing but you can see the talent. He will be fine. I was really impressed with Noel and thing he will be a load come season's end on both ends of the court. There is a reason he was the #1 overall player. I like the Westbrook/Goodwin comparisons. Spot on. Poythress is a freak and will continue to get better.

 

While UK struggled containing Plumlee when he got the ball, they were a lot more effective with him out of the line-up and the ball not trying to filter through him due to poor perimeter defensive play.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't decide what irritates me more. Curry chewing on his mouthpiece or Noel readjusting his knee brace all game.

I think both fans should be happy with tonight. Duke fans obviously should be happy with the win, and even though we lost to Duke which sucks. I did really like what I saw tonight from the team, and look forward to seeing this team grow. This year will be a lot like the Brandon Knight year. I can see people getting down on this team as the year goes on and they take on more losses and saying how they might not make a deep run, and talking about how they can't wait for next season's great class coming in. However if this team can find away to come together as a team, then they have a chance to make that deep run like the Brandon Knight team did. That team started off as a bunch of individuals playing like this team is right now, but by the end of the year they were one of the best. I can see the same for this team.

 

That is my thoughts as well. Although a loss to Duke hurts no matter what I liked what I saw from them in this game. I knew this team would take some lumps early and this game was a likely candidate, we should be glad they're 1-1 instead of 0-2. If last night was an indication they're actually ahead of schedule. People forget that it took a Wall buzzer beater in the second game for that team to beat a low major, and they had Patterson and all of those vets playing with them. Getting down by 14 and geting it back to 3 with under five minutes left really showed me a lot of fight and potential in this team. Instead of laying down like a lot of young teams and jacking up bad look 3's, they stayed composed and kept playing defense and got the offense they needed to make a run. For a 5-6 minute stretch late in the second half they were basically just trading buckets, Duke was hitting on almost every possession. To withstand that kind of sequence and stay composed and ride it out and eventually get some stops showed a lot of poise, I really liked that about last night. I mean after these guys learn the little things and learn how to play the way they need to they will be tough. The way Poythress can hit Beast Mode, the way Nerlens can affect the game, and the way Archie gets buckets will only only evolve and get better throughout the season and come March this team may be able to make a Final Four run if they keep working hard and get better as the season goes along. That was a deep, veteran Duke team they played last night, that has a hanfdul of guys who can hurt you deep. I think Kentucky played them very tough considering the experience level.

I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but how about the alley-oop to Goodwin coming out of the half. Wow!

And Alex Poythress, my oh my welcome sir. :scared:

 

If he can learn to get after it like that every night and keep improving he's going to be scary. Reminds me somewhat of a Mashburn type, will probably be the closest thing to Mashburn Kentucky will ever see again. I thought after he got those shots blocked early in the game he would get dejected and be absent for the rest of the game but he came back and went even harder. He's going to have to stay in that mindset for this team to be successful, he gets down on himself too much. Last night he showed he was able to forget about it and keep playing basketball, when he plays with that Warrior mentality look out. People throw the term beast around all the time but Poythress is a beast!

 

 

I also love the toughness that Archie plays with and the hustle Noel played with. If all three of those guys bring it every night like they did last night, Kentucky's going to be alright late in the season. If there's a silver lining in losing to Duke and not being able to beat them since 98', it's all the posters they put on them last night. I mean Kentucky was throwing down on their mug hard last night and I loved seeing that raw athleticism on display. Those guys can be something special.

I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but how about the alley-oop to Goodwin coming out of the half. Wow!

 

Loved it. That's the thing I enjoyed most last night was seeing all of those dunks! Kentucky was throwing down on them all night! Their raw ability is just off the charts, if they can learn to harness that into winning backetball in the next 4 months they will be sick.

How far will UK fall in the rankings? Also, does anyone know UK's all-time win-loss record against Duke? I'd have to believe Duke has the advantage overall.

 

I think last night they may have said it was 11-9 UK, but I could be wrong. I know UK was up by some games, but Duke added another one last night. They haven't played much lately, the last time was 01' in the Meadowlands Tayshaun and Jay Williams. That's a long time to have to go being winless against Duke. :cry:

Edited by dolamite

Best picture of the day yesterday.

 

 

 

 

 

image-2135668960.jpg

And now, back to your regularly schedule program of crying about Plumlee being stronger than everyone in a Ky jersey.

 

As I said before if Noel was pushing Plumlee around the blocks and getting called for fouls you'd all be crying about the refs calling it too tight.

 

As for Duke drawing charges....holy crap...has UK's recent success put you guys back in a cave? Duke has been the best school at drawing charges for over two decades now. You say flopping but if you played the game and haven't been taught how to properly draw a charge then that's too bad. You guys know there are drills for this kind of thing and Duke has been drawing charges for FOREVER!!!! :lol: :lol:

Best picture of the day yesterday.

 

 

 

 

 

[ATTACH]37992[/ATTACH]

 

 

I take it that's Timberlake? He should have one made that has that slogan but a big footprint on the chest. :lol:

Observations:

 

- I agree with gametime. This is Cal's biggest coaching challenge while at UK. Tons of talent but it is going to take some great coaching and work to make all the pieces come together.

 

- Wiltjer, tough matchup last night. Kelly has the size to disrupt his shot and rhythm. Not many teams are going to have a player that size who can play defense like he did. Side note - just how long are Wiltjer's arms? They just seem to go on forever.

 

- I loved Coach Cal calling out the flopping in the halftime interview, saying those guys would all be suspended if they were in the NBA. :lol:

 

- Willy C is going to be the most improved player on this team at the end of the year. His athleticism at that size is off the charts. I can't wait to see how he develops under Cal.

 

- Bench, this is where the biggest challenge is for Cal this season. He has no options to turn to off the bench. With Harrow out, Cal had nothing he could use off the bench to impact the game. His bench is purely about damage control while getting the starters a breather and then get them back out there ASAP.

Cal's halftime comment was classic. :lol: Easily one of the best halftime interviews ever and Cal is TV gold.

 

Again I ask though...how is he not familiar with Duke basketball?

^Just because they always get charges, doesn't mean they don't flop.

Can't decide what irritates me more. Curry chewing on his mouthpiece or Noel readjusting his knee brace all game.

 

My vote is for Curry. Keep it in your mouth, son. So annoying!

^Just because they always get charges, doesn't mean they don't flop.

 

That's not my point. We'll always disagree on whether it's a flop or a charge. My point is that Duke has always done this. Why would any opposing team not be aware of this from Duke?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.