Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 75 Kentucky 68

Featured Replies

That's not my point. We'll always disagree on whether it's a flop or a charge. My point is that Duke has always done this. Why would any opposing team not be aware of this from Duke?

 

I am sure Cal was aware of it. That comment doesn't mean he wasn't aware of it. He just wanted to put the spotlight on it. It obviously is something Coach K teaches and works on. And it works for them. If you can get that charging call, it is better than a turnover because you get the ball and put a foul on one of the other players.

  • Replies 193
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm really worried about Corleone. I'm afraid he may be on suicide watch.

 

No way brother I was encouraged. I have realistic expectations for this team, people need to remember that Knight's team need a last second shot to survive Princeton. I think this is a team that could make the final four or could exit early but I like what they have and there is nobody better at getting young guys better during a season that Cal.

 

About the game, you guys are missing the main point. What did you think of Mrs. Curry?

Here's what I learned from the thread:

 

1. Wiltjer is terrible

2. Harrow is terrible

3. UK has no post play

4. UK has no point guard play

5. UK is slow

6. UK can't rebound

7. UK can't play defense

 

How did they stay within 7

 

About the game, you guys are missing the main point. What did you think of Mrs. Curry?

 

Mrs. Curry is one gorgeous woman....

It's just a healing mechanism folks... :D

 

And the truth.

As for Duke drawing charges....holy crap...has UK's recent success put you guys back in a cave? Duke has been the best school at drawing charges for over two decades now. You say flopping but if you played the game and haven't been taught how to properly draw a charge then that's too bad. You guys know there are drills for this kind of thing and Duke has been drawing charges for FOREVER!!!! :lol: :lol:

 

I love the cult-like adhesion to this "drawing charges" line from you guys. I'd say most of the flops weren't even in charge situations, so there goes that argument.

 

And as for why we're so surprised? You guys keep losing to teams like Lehigh, so we never get a chance to see the pathetic combination of ugly white kids and choreographed flopping.

I love the cult-like adhesion to this "drawing charges" line from you guys. I'd say most of the flops weren't even in charge situations, so there goes that argument.

 

And as for why we're so surprised? You guys keep losing to teams like Lehigh, so we never get a chance to see the pathetic combination of ugly white kids and choreographed flopping.

 

So when were the flops? Duke drew 6 charges last night if I am not mistaken. What flops are you guys crying about?

 

Ahh, a good old Lehigh jab. That's so cute.

I love when people cry about fouls not being called on Duke and then you realize that Plumlee and his backup both fouled out. :lol: :lol:

So when were the flops? Duke drew 6 charges last night if I am not mistaken. What flops are you guys crying about?

 

Ahh, a good old Lehigh jab. That's so cute.

 

PP, I'm not a Duke hater I actually have great respect for their program. I think the reason why I don't hate is that UK doesn't play them very often. Between Coach K crying about every call and the European soccer league style flopping I can see why some do hate Duke. I think back to the Wojo torture rack incident and it wasn't a fluke. However, Seth Curry could play for me anyday (mother option).

I love when people cry about fouls not being called on Duke and then you realize that Plumlee and his backup both fouled out. :lol: :lol:

 

Plumlee made the most of his 22 fouls.

Here's what I learned from the thread:

 

1. Wiltjer is terrible

2. Harrow is terrible

3. UK has no post play

4. UK has no point guard play

5. UK is slow

6. UK can't rebound

7. UK can't play defense

 

How did they stay within 7

 

I agree! I guess people forgot their predictions and thoughts from last spring and summer. I'm just enjoying watching this team develop, no pressure from me, and I said it in the past and I say it now, they are a Sweet 16 team! It's Cal coaching this team, not Gillispie, just give them time, I'm waiting for next year as that will be our year again and we have no experience this early, we have zero starting minutes returning now, I thought that was clear? But as has been said, this team is not the same team that we will have in March, so just sit back and watch Cal do his magic.

The entire Duke team had more flops that a school of fish thrown on the shore. Granted they made them work, so you have to give them credit there.

 

Plumlee did do a great job (as did Curry), but Murphy was the star of that game IMO.

 

UK will be fine - losses early help reduce losses late.

That Lehigh shot. Good ole mobaar, Duke beats your team so you talk about a team who beat Duke last year. Classic. Where is our good buddy RomanEmpire? I know he's around here somewhere.

Wow... that's impressive. Not many programs have a winning record against Duke in men's basketball.

 

And as for the issue of Harrow possibly having mono, he may have to stay out awhile if the doctors are worried about a possible splenic infarct. I remember that several years ago Duke's Dunleavy had to miss some time for this reason.

 

Sure, this year's UK squad probably doesn't measure up to the past three squads, but I have heard talk that NCAA men's basketball is down overall this year, and that would help UK's prospects for making a deep tournament run this year.

 

Also, I don't know about you guys but I'm really looking forward to what is lining up for UK NEXT year. Heck, to be frank, I wouldn't mind seeing some of these current players struggle a little bit this year if it means that some of them will come back next year, to go along with Cal's super recruiting class for next year.

That Lehigh shot. Good ole mobaar, Duke beats your team so you talk about a team who beat Duke last year. Classic. Where is our good buddy RomanEmpire? I know he's around here somewhere.

 

:lol: You guys are awfully touchy about Lehigh and flopping.

 

Guess Cal was right about you Duke guys not being able to take a joke.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.