Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 75 Kentucky 68

Featured Replies

Where is our good buddy RomanEmpire? I know he's around here somewhere.

 

He was at the game, so doubtful....

  • Replies 193
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plumlee made the most of his 22 fouls.

 

Hit the weight room. Get stronger.

:lol: You guys are awfully touchy about Lehigh and flopping.

 

Guess Cal was right about you Duke guys not being able to take a joke.

 

I could care less about Lehigh. All I care about right now is 75-68.

 

I'm just amazed that after all these years of Duke basketball some of you just now found out that Duke was good at drawing charges. Talk about living in a hole.

PP, I'm not a Duke hater I actually have great respect for their program. I think the reason why I don't hate is that UK doesn't play them very often. Between Coach K crying about every call and the European soccer league style flopping I can see why some do hate Duke. I think back to the Wojo torture rack incident and it wasn't a fluke. However, Seth Curry could play for me anyday (mother option).

 

I could care less why people hate Duke. Just remember it was your coach doing all the crying last night.

Play this one in March, Cats win it by 10+...MARK IT DOWN!

 

While that could very well happen, I imagine Duke would improve as well...

While that could very well happen, I imagine Duke would improve as well...

 

It's pretty obvious UK has more room to grow than Duke.

It's pretty obvious UK has more room to grow than Duke.

 

That doesn't mean that Duke can't grow and if they do grow that they can't still be better than UK.

 

I thought Kelly could have played better.

 

Sulaimon will get better.

 

Jefferson will get better.

 

Murphy will get better.

 

Cook/Thornton will get better giving Duke two viable point guards.

 

And Curry and Plumlee will be the senior leaders capable of putting a game away like they did last night.

^ Murphy played for like a minute and a half and got dunked on. He probably isn't helping this year. Jefferson played for a minute or two longer than Murphy and, speaking of weight room, he's got a long way to go. I like Sulaimon, though. Nice stroke. And if Kelly can't play better than he did against the worst defender in the country in Wiltjer, I can't imagine he's going to start going Larry Bird on anyone this season.

You say flopping but if you played the game and haven't been taught how to properly draw a charge then that's too bad. You guys know there are drills for this kind of thing and Duke has been drawing charges for FOREVER!!!! :lol: :lol:

 

If you're referring to my comments, which you probably are since no one else mentioned it (from what I saw when you posted this)...I gave them credit and give Coach K credit. If it's part of the game and officials are dumb enough to fall for it, use it to the best of your ability and Duke does. I've just never noticed it as much as I did last night, especially on rebounds.

 

- I loved Coach Cal calling out the flopping in the halftime interview, saying those guys would all be suspended if they were in the NBA. :lol:

 

And now that I've seen this, I will add that I was at a bar and didn't hear Coach Cal's halftime comments. If I knew he brought it up, I would have never mentioned it in this thread.

I could care less why people hate Duke. Just remember it was your coach doing all the crying last night.

 

:lol: Please link to any "crying" from last night.

If you're referring to my comments, which you probably are since no one else mentioned it (from what I saw when you posted this)...I gave them credit and give Coach K credit. If it's part of the game and officials are dumb enough to fall for it, use it to the best of your ability and Duke does. I've just never noticed it as much as I did last night, especially on rebounds.

 

 

 

And now that I've seen this, I will add that I was at a bar and didn't hear Coach Cal's halftime comments. If I knew he brought it up, I would have never mentioned it in this thread.

 

It was comedy. Cal is an instant quote.

It was comedy. Cal is an instant quote.

 

I have the game DVR'd at home. Not sure I will watch it again tonight, maybe tomorrow.

^ Murphy played for like a minute and a half and got dunked on. He probably isn't helping this year. Jefferson played for a minute or two longer than Murphy and, speaking of weight room, he's got a long way to go. I like Sulaimon, though. Nice stroke. And if Kelly can't play better than he did against the worst defender in the country in Wiltjer, I can't imagine he's going to start going Larry Bird on anyone this season.

 

So close the book on WCS also?

:lol: Please link to any "crying" from last night.

 

Crying.....

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.