November 10, 201213 yr Did Mays play tonight? He played a ton...second on the team in minutes (30) behind Goodwin (37). Probably got so many minutes because of foul trouble & his experience. He wasn't rattled & trying to do too much, ala Poythress. I like seeing Archie get to the FT line so much. Hit 9-11 from the charity stripe. He can get a lot of points that way this year because of the ferocity with which he attacks the basket.
November 10, 201213 yr I saw Wiltjer had 19. How did he look? Offensively, he looked pretty good. Got hot in the first half & hit three 3's. Hit his fourth 3 at a crucial point in the 2nd half when Maryland had cut into the lead. It may have even been tied at that point. 4-6 from 3pt. range. Had 6 boards & 3 blocks too. Yes, 3 blocks. Still a defensive liability & I thought UK took back control of the game late in the 2nd half when Wiltjer went to the bench for a spell, along with Polson. Defense really clamped down then. But all in all, Wiltjer was solid. Hit some big FT's down the stretch as well.
November 10, 201213 yr George Polson is very happy for his son to finally get to prove himself. A very religious family, and his grandfather is looking down on him now happy as anyone could be! I'm sorry, until I see different, Harrow isn't going to help much. As with everyone else I hope that changes. Two years ago people were talking about how Brandon Knight wasn't a good pg and how they would struggle with him at the point after the first month of the season. I don't think Harrow will be like Knight obviously, but by the end of the year I think people will be fine with him being the pg just like with Knight. I think it will be a lot like that season all the way around with having plenty of bumps along the way, but come tournament time they will be right in the mix to make a run at it.
November 10, 201213 yr I just feel like we didn't see too many "set plays" that worked until January/February with the 2011 team so I'm not too worried. These guys are still trying to learn the system, they're as worried about screwing up a called play as they are chemistry. February, March, April will be fun. For those that are concerned think about what Sportsguy has said in here about it all coming together for Polson and think about how talented this team is. Just sit back and enjoy what we have folks.
November 10, 201213 yr I just feel like we didn't see too many "set plays" that worked until January/February with the 2011 team so I'm not too worried. These guys are still trying to learn the system, they're as worried about screwing up a called play as they are chemistry. February, March, April will be fun. For those that are concerned think about what Sportsguy has said in here about it all coming together for Polson and think about how talented this team is. Just sit back and enjoy what we have folks.Agreed! A few months many of us were talking about how if we get to the Elite 8 it would be great, for this team! I think we even had a poll on that thread? People were talking about next season, 2013-14, as being a huge year! As sportsfan41 mentioned, I just want to sit back and enjoy this team, enjoy watching them come together and build the chemistry, and watch Cal do his magic once more. I don't want to put pressure on the team and compare them to last years team and just talk about another title game, plus I don't want to put pressure on myself, as it's going to take time with this team, it will be too much stress, lol. As far as Harrow, I sure hope he comes along, he seems like a great kid! As we seen on ALL Access, Cal was getting on him pretty good about not speaking up, and Cal said it to him tonight a few times as well. I just think he should have to fight his way to get the starting spot back, Polson earned it last night, and is surprised and even shocked many people. Even Vitale and Digger were giving him high praises. I would also love to see Hood get in and have a chance soon as well.
November 10, 201213 yr Agreed! A few months many of us were talking about how if we get to the Elite 8 it would be great, for this team! I think we even had a poll on that thread? People were talking about next season, 2013-14, as being a huge year! As sportsfan41 mentioned, I just want to sit back and enjoy this team, enjoy watching them come together and build the chemistry, and watch Cal do his magic once more. I don't want to put pressure on the team and compare them to last years team and just talk about another title game, plus I don't want to put pressure on myself, as it's going to take time with this team, it will be too much stress, lol. As far as Harrow, I sure hope he comes along, he seems like a great kid! As we seen on ALL Access, Cal was getting on him pretty good about not speaking up, and Cal said it to him tonight a few times as well. I just think he should have to fight his way to get the starting spot back, Polson earned it last night, and is surprised and even shocked many people. Even Vitale and Digger were giving him high praises. I would also love to see Hood get in and have a chance soon as well. Vitale. My ears still hurt from that broadcast.
November 10, 201213 yr Vitale. My ears still hurt from that broadcast. What's going on with his voice? It sounds raspy and weak, like he's just getting over throat surgery. It sounded that way for most of last year as well. Maybe it's his age.
November 10, 201213 yr If Goodwin has to run the point then we are screwed. I was not impressed with him at all tonight. Looked way outta control and took too many wild shots when he could have made the smart pass. Seems that be hasn't bought into the Cal gospel yet. Seemed to me that the game was too fast for him and he pressed. Give him 10 games and we will see
November 10, 201213 yr As a father I kept thinking "what is Jared Polson's dad thinking right now?" "Please put him on scholarship."
November 10, 201213 yr Do I need to go back and find overreaction posts regarding Teague last year? "He sucks. " "UK will lose with him at PG."
November 10, 201213 yr Do I need to go back and find overreaction posts regarding Teague last year? "He sucks. " "UK will lose with him at PG." Perhaps I've read over it, but has anyone made that claim about Harrow in this game? I would expect him to be more advanced than Teague was at this point last year. Yes, he did sit out a year, but he also has one year of college basketball under his belt, and did practice with the team all last year.
November 10, 201213 yr Perhaps I've read over it, but has anyone made that claim about Harrow in this game? I would expect him to be more advanced than Teague was at this point last year. Yes, he did sit out a year, but he also has one year of college basketball under his belt, and did practice with the team all last year. Has had the flur all week
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.