November 10, 201213 yr I'm not worried about this game. The team showed flashes of brilliance & dominance in the first half, however bad they may have stunk it up in the 2nd half. Jarrod Polson :lol::thumb:
November 10, 201213 yr Polson was very, very solid. Harrow not very good at all right now. He's going to have 1 year to play PG, and then what? Poythreis needs to be stronger with the ball. Anyone that thinks that Noel is going to be the defensive presence that Davis was sees something I simply don't see. Goes for way too many fakes IMO. Wiltjer about what I expect from him every game. How bad must Hood be to not even smell the court? I want to disagree on Noel but I'm finding it hard too. I know it's just one game but Noel was very overmatched in this first game. Couldn't grab rebounds, clueless under the rim on offense and left the rim way too many times and couldn't recover. Hopefully it'll just take a little bit to get him used to it but right now I'm a little worried.
November 10, 201213 yr Polson. Wow. Not much more you can say there. Wells and Faust were mostly non factors for MD. Some of that was the UK D and some was both playing like their shorts were on fire. Len is really good. Kid made a lot of money with his performance tonight. Harrow has a LONG way to go. Sick or not, he was an absolute non factor. Charles Mitchell was an under ranked kid that I liked a lot. Rebounding is a skill that translates and he was a beast on the offensive boards. At the moment I'm not sure UK is a top 10 team, but the talent is there to make a run in March. By far the worst Cal team at UK from the start of the season. Will be very interesting to see how the develop...
November 10, 201213 yr Ugly 2nd half' date=' they have a long way to go. No way they are the 3rd best team in the country right now. Goodwin is going to have to run the PG eventually.[/quote'] If Goodwin has to run the point then we are screwed. I was not impressed with him at all tonight. Looked way outta control and took too many wild shots when he could have made the smart pass. Seems that be hasn't bought into the Cal gospel yet.
November 10, 201213 yr Ugly 2nd half, they have a long way to go. No way they are the 3rd best team in the country right now. Goodwin is going to have to run the PG eventually. I completely agree. When we get into the "nuts & bolts" of this schedule it will become too physical for Harrow. Polson is productive but cannot be relied upon. Leaving Goodwin as the best "strong" ball handler UK has. And that sucks because he would have a hell of a year at the 2/3 spot.
November 10, 201213 yr Polson. Wow. Not much more you can say there. Wells and Faust were mostly non factors for MD. Some of that was the UK D and some was both playing like their shorts were on fire. Len is really good. Kid made a lot of money with his performance tonight. Harrow has a LONG way to go. Sick or not, he was an absolute non factor. Charles Mitchell was an under ranked kid that I liked a lot. Rebounding is a skill that translates and he was a beast on the offensive boards. At the moment I'm not sure UK is a top 10 team, but the talent is there to make a run in March. By far the worst Cal team at UK from the start of the season. Will be very interesting to see how the develop... No doubt about the bolder part. Are you surprised so far about Noel on the defensive end?
November 10, 201213 yr I want to disagree on Noel but I'm finding it hard too. I know it's just one game but Noel was very overmatched in this first game. Couldn't grab rebounds, clueless under the rim on offense and left the rim way too many times and couldn't recover. Hopefully it'll just take a little bit to get him used to it but right now I'm a little worried. He was also facing a lottery pick in Len. Not sure he will see an opposing big man that good againg all year...
November 10, 201213 yr THAT good??I tried to search for the post of mine from two years ago that I mentioned in the update thread. But Cal told me two summers ago in Germany at the FIBA u17 WC that people will be surprised with Jarrod in a couple of years, that by his Jr year he will see some good minutes and be a nice role player. I had a hand in some of the events 2 1/2 years ago. I did find where people were laughing at me, PP and a few others for saying he would kind of be like Mills. Also remember PP saying he would be a UK fan if they did offer him, lol. Playing every day Vs the like of Knight and others rubs off. I couldn't be happier for Jarrod, he is a great kid from a great family. He has earned it! I agree, Harrow needs to earn it as well. NOW, If people will listen to Cal, and STOP pressuring the kid by yelling SHOOT everytime he is anywhere past halfcourt with the ball.
November 10, 201213 yr Len is really good. Kid made a lot of money with his performance tonight. I thought that very same thing during the first half. Very, very skilled for a guy with that kind of size. Outstanding touch on his shot.
November 10, 201213 yr He was also facing a lottery pick in Len. Not sure he will see an opposing big man that good againg all year... Maybe so, and maybe it's because of the hype around him coming in, but I was expecting more of a defensive presence from him tonight.
November 10, 201213 yr No doubt about the bolder part. Are you surprised so far about Noel on the defensive end? Not really. He's a rim protector, and learning to stay on his feet is something that will come with time. He also had to stay at home a little longer than normal because of Len and that can disrupt timing. He's not, and never will be Anthony Davis. Just going to have to let that one go...
November 10, 201213 yr He was also facing a lottery pick in Len. Not sure he will see an opposing big man that good againg all year... Agreed, he was very impressive.
November 10, 201213 yr Clearly Noel and WCS should be able to rebound there both almost 7 feet tall, I think they just got caught up in watching the game to much and have to learn how rebound at this level. As for the PG spot, I am concerned just gonna be the missing piece this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.