Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 72 Maryland 69

Featured Replies

GEEZ LOUISE! Folks this is the FIRST game of the season. I heard all this same gobbledy goop at the beginning of last year when they looked like a bunch of young pups playing an all-star game. No one looked like they were following the plan at the beginning, I was their biggest critic. How did that turn out?

  • Replies 136
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has had the flur all week

 

 

OK, but you didn't answer my question.

I am a little worried about this team in the early stages but they remind me of the Brandon Knight team that struggle early on but clicked at the end. This team obviously has a ton of talent but this team isn't going to gel as quickly. Gonna take Cal a little bit longer to mold Goodwin and Harrow into the players he wants them to be.

Perhaps I've read over it, but has anyone made that claim about Harrow in this game? I would expect him to be more advanced than Teague was at this point last year. Yes, he did sit out a year, but he also has one year of college basketball under his belt, and did practice with the team all last year.

 

It's the first game.

BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- After he'd grabbed big offensive rebounds and buried clutch free throws and led college basketball's reigning national champions in assists in a season-opening victory despite the fact that three hours earlier the opposing coach didn't even know his name, Jarrod Polson found himself outside the interview room here at the Barclays Center waiting to speak to the media.

 

And he was nervous.

 

Boy, was he nervous about walking into that room.

 

 

"Go ahead," said Kentucky teammate Kyle Wiltjer, at which point Polson froze just outside the door and proposed a different plan to his good friend who had also helped the third-ranked Wildcats to a 72-69 win over Maryland that wasn't decided until the final buzzer.

 

"No you go ahead," Polson replied. "I don't know what to do."

 

"Just go," Wiltjer said.

 

"No, you go first, " Polson whispered. "I'm not used to this."

 

Kentucky's former walk-on leads future lottery picks to win over Maryland - CBSSports.com

"Please put him on scholarship."

 

1. I thought he already was on scholarship.

 

 

2. Even if he isn't I guarantee he's on an academic scholarship.

Polson>>>>>>>>>>>>>Harrow.

 

 

Deal with it and move on. Harrow sucks.

 

It's the first game.

 

And you didn't answer my question either. Did anyone say Harrow sucks? Did anybody say UK can't win with him at the point?

Is this because Harrow was still feeling ill or just ineffective?

 

Ineffective IMO. He wasn't being very vocal on the floor. Poor decision making as well.

 

I tend to agree considering how much Cal has been on him. Just a shame he couldn't lure a guard and this was a weak class the analyst say.

 

Polson. Wow. Not much more you can say there.

 

Wells and Faust were mostly non factors for MD. Some of that was the UK D and some was both playing like their shorts were on fire.

 

Len is really good. Kid made a lot of money with his performance tonight.

 

Harrow has a LONG way to go. Sick or not, he was an absolute non factor.

 

Charles Mitchell was an under ranked kid that I liked a lot. Rebounding is a skill that translates and he was a beast on the offensive boards.

 

At the moment I'm not sure UK is a top 10 team, but the talent is there to make a run in March. By far the worst Cal team at UK from the start of the season. Will be very interesting to see how the develop...

 

If Goodwin has to run the point then we are screwed. I was not impressed with him at all tonight. Looked way outta control and took too many wild shots when he could have made the smart pass. Seems that be hasn't bought into the Cal gospel yet.

 

I completely agree. When we get into the "nuts & bolts" of this schedule it will become too physical for Harrow. Polson is productive but cannot be relied upon. Leaving Goodwin as the best "strong" ball handler UK has. And that sucks because he would have a hell of a year at the 2/3 spot.

 

And you didn't answer my question either. Did anyone say Harrow sucks? Did anybody say UK can't win with him at the point?

 

 

Lots of declarations and determinations being made. Plus I know where UK fans are heading if it's not immediately better.

 

Lots of declarations and determinations being made. Plus I know where UK fans are heading if it's not immediately better.

 

Yes it was one game but observations are made from every game played. Saying Goodwin played bad is the same as everyone praising Polson for playing good, it's just one game.

 

Based off that one game those are my opinions. Who knows, Goodwin could play lights out against Duke and he has the capability to do so but right now I think he's going to have trouble, same with Harrow.

AS for Polson > Wow what a game :dancingpa The kid has HEART and that is the one thing you can't take from any kid is their Heart . I guarantee he has more pride to Have Kentucky across his Chest than any player on the team and it showed tonight .Way to go :notworthy:Jarrod.

 

I think this team will be OK . Wiltjer looked to be the go to scorer ,I love the way Goodwin attacks the basket but he needs to be more under control , I saw Mays trying to step up and be the leader a couple of times . Noel ,WCS and Polytheres first games give them time you can see :eyeonyou:talent all over them . I think Harrow is better than he showed tonight Lets give it a while . I also remember several downing Teague:ohbrother: last year and I may have a few times but he showed up big when it counted .

 

But mainly I would like to welcome UK's newest fan on board to the BBN .Welcome PP 92 to the BBN. I bet it will be weird Tuesday cheering on UK over the your once beloved DUKE:thumb:.

While Harrow doesn't "suck" the reality is that he isn't anywhere close to the last 4 guys Cal has had playing PG in his system...

Not going to lie. This picture of the Polson parents watching the game brings a tear to my eye.

polson.jpeg

Not read through entire thread.

 

UK is A LOT better with Polson at the point.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.