Class 6A Playoffs: #4 Male @ #1 Lafayette

By looking at the contest thread I guess there is actually no reason to even play this game? It seems to be a general consensus that Male will be the highest scoring #4 seeded team and that Lafayette is the guaranteed #1 seed to lose.

I guess I beg to differ. Everytime Male has played "quality" competition(Butler, Lex Cath, Eastern, St. X, Trinity and Manual) the Bulldogs have failed to score more than 21. Actually only scoring more than 14 on 1 occasion(vs. Eastern). Sure they put up a lot of points vs the likes of Floyd Central, Western, Boone Co and CAL.

In those same 6 games vs "quality" opponents, Male gave up an average of 30 points per game. Actually only holding their opponent under 24 points on 1 occasion(vs. Butler). Once again, they dominated the other 4 lower caliber opponents.

Why does it seem to be a given to most that Male will come to Lexington and beat Lafayette handily at home? Any thoughts or predictions?

More battle tested because of what? Because they played Trinity and got hammered?

Thats the only difference I see. Other than Trinity being on the Male schedule, I would argue that Lafayette's schedule was just as tough if not tougher outside that 1 game.

Trinity, St.x , Eastern, Butler, Manual > Bowling Green, Owensboro, Henry Clay, Bryan Station, Madison Central- Catholic was a common opponent that scored 42 on LHS and 28 on LMHS. You really know you're football...

Lafayette isn't 7-3 with Male's schedule... and how many teams in the state would hold Eastern, LexCath, St. x, Trinity and Manual to an average of less than 30 points? You seem like some kind of football expert.

Did somebody say that Lafayette would be 7-3 with Male's schedule? I mustve missed that.

Thats why they call it an average smart one. They held Butler to 8 and that made the average 30. Throw out the Butler game and they gave up 35 a game while only scoring 10.5 per game.

Trinity, St.x , Eastern, Butler, Manual > Bowling Green, Owensboro, Henry Clay, Bryan Station, Madison Central- Catholic was a common opponent that scored 42 on LHS and 28 on LMHS. You really know you're football...

Do you have problems reading? I said they were pretty even other than Male getting blown out by Trinity and all you want to do is keep mentioning the fact that Male played Trinity.

Bowling Green > St. X(this has been proven the last 2 years)

Lex Cath = Lex Cath

Eastern > Bryan Station(not by a whole lot but def better. 2 common opponents and they were both 2-0 with Eastern winning each game by a little more than BS)

Butler = Madison Central(I dont see Butler as being a lot better than Mad Central if at all. Butler beat teams it was supposed to and lost to good teams. Mad Central actually played Lex Cath a lot tougher than both Lafayette and Male. Their other 3 losses came from Lafayette and 2 undefeated teams.)

Manual = Owensboro(neither are very good and they were both bad losses by Male and Lafayette)

You are correct though...I really know my football!!!

Lafayette isn't 7-3 with Male's schedule... and how many teams in the state would hold Eastern, LexCath, St. x, Trinity and Manual to an average of less than 30 points? You seem like some kind of football expert.
This is the only game that counts this weekend for both teams.....Lafayette 31 Male 13

This should be a good game. Having seen both in action I will say Male should be favored. But not by much. Male moved the ball more consistently than Lafayette against LexCath but had trouble converting inside the red-zone. Male scored their sole TD late in the game and Lafayette scored on an interception return. So both offenses will need to be better. Lafayette best chance may come on big plays with their play makers.