Trinity hiding from John Curtis Christian?

Nothing was open this year. Got 2 weeks open next year...interested?

-CardinalsFan

Of course I am....but my opinion doesn't matter. I will say this, at this point, we have raised the bar at Trinity. I know this class that is graduating is spectacular.....but guess what? So is our Sophomore class, and Freshman class (chance to be best ever)........things are different in St. Matthews.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the shoe on the other foot. What if T had gone asking John Curtis for the game and they said they couldn't do it? Would John Curtis be the team that was scared? No. Kentucky high school football fans would be screaming about how dare T put John Curtis in a position like that. This thread is nothing more than an opportunity for fans of inferior teams to throw stones at T with no chance of being hit with return fire. Enjoy.

.....but guess what? So is our Sophomore class, and Freshman class (chance to be best ever)........things are different in St. Matthews.

Yeah, they said the same thing when T went on a 50 game win streak from 88-91 and grabed three in a row...they won one in the next decade...don't fool yourself, when this class leaves, T is coming back to earth. They'll still be better than 95% of KY, but the BG's, Highlands, and X's will be back in the same league as them again.

Nothing was open this year. Got 2 weeks open next year...interested?

-CardinalsFan

Why don't you just invite Trinity to your beloved Skyline bore festival and they can whip Colerain there...Last year, this year, next year whatever I like Trinity in all 3!

BTW- I am still waiting on a reply to post # 29. :D...Don't DODGE that one.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

If I remember correctly, it was Don Bosco trying to schedule Trinity, but it was after the season was over, and many players move onto other sports. I am not saying they are running scared, but it's a great opportunity!

No it was actually a third-party trying to get the two school together. Both schools agreed and the KHSAA said no (actually national federation).

This thread is so stupid it's kind of funny.

As someone who has a family member who was an AD in Louisville for a long, long time, there's not a team around that would take a game two weeks before the game and in the middle of the season.

Not Trinity, not St. X, not Male, not Atherton, not Shawnee.

This thread is moronic.

Lots of good posts covering all the reasons the game can't, shouldn't, doesn't need to, or is preposterous to even suggest at this juncture of the season. I agree with all of them.

JCC sounds kind of like a fly by night program to me, if they were even considering this. Who is willing to pack up and drag a bunch of high school kids across several states for a football game on two weeks notice?

As far as exposure and all that, exposure for what? Exposure is the most overused word I hear in relation to high school sports and younger. If your team is good enough, they will get all the accolades they deserve.

Parents, if your son/daughter is good enough, somebody will find them. If exposure is all somebody can sell you, they aren't offering very much.

Parents, if your son/daughter is good enough, somebody will find them. If exposure is all somebody can sell you, they aren't offering very much.
:thumb:

I don't know how many times I told people this in spring and summer basketball. They WILL find you if the player is good enough!

Yeah, they said the same thing when T went on a 50 game win streak from 88-91 and grabed three in a row...they won one in the next decade...don't fool yourself, when this class leaves, T is coming back to earth. They'll still be better than 95% of KY, but the BG's, Highlands, and X's will be back in the same league as them again.

I seem to remember some folks (including a Catholic school head coach) saying the same thing would happen when Brian Brohm left. That was 7 state titles ago...

You have no idea what's in the cupboard.

This thread has made me laugh. I don't think T is dodging anyone. Adding games like this is just not smart period. It is also pretty clear that some people on this thread are not very familiar with JCC. they are not a FL school but a school from LA. They are a small coed private school. I think 2A in their state and I also think sense they are private they have a multiplier to their enrollment but I'm not 100% on that. Comparing JCC's offense to X is not doing either team justic. JCC is one of the top split back veer teams in the country. If one wants to compare offenses then JCC and De lasalle in Concord CA is a much better comparison. JCC is not some fly by night program. They have taken their kids across the country many times to play top schools (Hoover as an example). They are one of the top programs in the country.

I would love to see the two schools play because they are two great programs. I think it would be a great challenge for them both