Could Campbell County Boys Soccer Team go winless this season?

kings102876

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would I have any part in hiring Coach Hitch? I am just a supporter of all programs at CCHS. I also did not take it personally, I just do not like when people come on here and bash a 1st year coach and think they know everything that is going on. You do know they practice late because there are other coaches who have day jobs? Do you go to all of their practices? Do you see what he teaches at their practices? Do you know if the kids that he is playing do everything that him and his coaches? That is my point on all of this. People only see what he does in a game and not what he teaches at a practice.

Oh and do explain why you think it is more coaching than the players. We are all waiting. :ohbrother:

WE are waiting????? My conversation was with you and I told you we can discuss it during the game. I can point out my opinions of game management and positioning and play of players and then you can voice yours. I do not want to make this personal but as long as you keep attacking myself and my opinions then I am going to defend myself and my position on the subject. 3 years ago practices were scheduled for the freshman team right after school was let out. There was no late practices. When Larry was the freshman coach they were changed to later in the afternoon. The team did loose a lot of Seniors, who were the starters. You make it sound like they had boys from last years team just drop off and not even tryout. There may have been a couple but not actual Varsity starters from last year. This team is not as talented as in years past with Raney, Tanner, Alley, Lovelace, etc. but they still have talent there. Rice, Schneider's, Fro, Szovati and Sterbling are all really good players. There are other talented players on Varsity that are just young but if you cannot coach them up to beat teams like Calvary or a down Holy Cross then that is a problem. Close losses I can accept but complete blow outs, that's players and coaches at fault. I am not normally for only giving a coach 1 season but when you don't make changes that need to be made until almost seasons end then that's a problem. Most people understand that Fro is a much better defender and goalie than up front. The kids heart and will are awesome but better served on the defensive side not up front as a goal scorer. Its not just one single change that he should of made either. The kids are deflated and just don't look to be playing for him. That is not exactly his fault but he has to figure out a way of changing it. Defense has been their problem all year. If you look at their scores and watch games you could also say lack of offense but I don't believe that to be the case. Their midfielders sometimes don't have a clue to the style of play they are trying to play. They are either too far up on offense or giving too much depth at defense...that is coaching. They created a good number of chances in the Brossart game and thats because their defense was confident in their keeper. They were not playing scared. This was an actual statement from one of the starting defenders...."I was so confident when Hess was back there that I could play loose and not play scared but our keeper now is just not that good and he is only a Soph. I would feel more confident in our team if we had Fro playing keeper." Now this is just one young man's opinion but at lease he was voicing his concerns. memyselfandi, am I to take it that you would not like to watch the game with me this evening (if played, seems pretty wet)? I am confident in my abilities to evaluate a high school soccer game, are you with yours? I seem to be a little more open minded than you since I am willing to listen to your opinion on the subject with out calling you ignorant.

Well then, hopefully the game will get played tonight and I can drop by to watch you two duke it out! Good luck!

Come on now. That is not what I am referring too. I am serious when I say "watch" the game. I have more class than that. I do not intend to get into physical altercations over BGP comments but calling me ignorant is not a good way to start.

WE are waiting????? My conversation was with you and I told you we can discuss it during the game. I can point out my opinions of game management and positioning and play of players and then you can voice yours. I do not want to make this personal but as long as you keep attacking myself and my opinions then I am going to defend myself and my position on the subject. 3 years ago practices were scheduled for the freshman team right after school was let out. There was no late practices. When Larry was the freshman coach they were changed to later in the afternoon. The team did loose a lot of Seniors, who were the starters. You make it sound like they had boys from last years team just drop off and not even tryout. There may have been a couple but not actual Varsity starters from last year. This team is not as talented as in years past with Raney, Tanner, Alley, Lovelace, etc. but they still have talent there. Rice, Schneider's, Fro, Szovati and Sterbling are all really good players. There are other talented players on Varsity that are just young but if you cannot coach them up to beat teams like Calvary or a down Holy Cross then that is a problem. Close losses I can accept but complete blow outs, that's players and coaches at fault. I am not normally for only giving a coach 1 season but when you don't make changes that need to be made until almost seasons end then that's a problem. Most people understand that Fro is a much better defender and goalie than up front. The kids heart and will are awesome but better served on the defensive side not up front as a goal scorer. Its not just one single change that he should of made either. The kids are deflated and just don't look to be playing for him. That is not exactly his fault but he has to figure out a way of changing it. Defense has been their problem all year. If you look at their scores and watch games you could also say lack of offense but I don't believe that to be the case. Their midfielders sometimes don't have a clue to the style of play they are trying to play. They are either too far up on offense or giving too much depth at defense...that is coaching. They created a good number of chances in the Brossart game and thats because their defense was confident in their keeper. They were not playing scared. This was an actual statement from one of the starting defenders...."I was so confident when Hess was back there that I could play loose and not play scared but our keeper now is just not that good and he is only a Soph. I would feel more confident in our team if we had Fro playing keeper." Now this is just one young man's opinion but at lease he was voicing his concerns. memyselfandi, am I to take it that you would not like to watch the game with me this evening (if played, seems pretty wet)? I am confident in my abilities to evaluate a high school soccer game, are you with yours? I seem to be a little more open minded than you since I am willing to listen to your opinion on the subject with out calling you ignorant.

The WE comment came from you saying you could explain it and not only I but Oldbird said yes that would be WE! I do not take offense to whatever you say. I am just not a fan of people coming on here and bashing coaches. That is all. The person told me about this thread (I usually do not get on here) even thought your original post was inappropriate to bash a coach in his first year. And when you say TEAM in your title doesn't that include the kids?

By the way I am not agreeing with you but I am not disagreeing with you on your statement either (the one I am quoting in this post), my whole point is I dislike when people come on a public forum and bash a coach. Kids get on here and read and then it just festers and the comment that you just put up there regarding what a player said just proves my point. Even though you have to be a member to post you can still read the posts!

No, not really. I would expect adults to act more civilized than that. But then again, there is not a lot of civility going on in these posts so you never know. As a CC supporter, I hope the soccer team can do what it takes to improve next season and beyond. I don't know a thing about the coach or his abilities to lead the team so I am counting on the administration at CCHS to make the right decisions regarding. Good luck to the Camels and I still may stop by tonight if I see them on the hill.

No, not really. I would expect adults to act more civilized than that. But then again, there is not a lot of civility going on in these posts so you never know. As a CC supporter, I hope the soccer team can do what it takes to improve next season and beyond. I don't know a thing about the coach or his abilities to lead the team so I am counting on the administration at CCHS to make the right decisions regarding. Good luck to the Camels and I still may stop by tonight if I see them on the hill.

We are just fine actually. To be honest I think everything will work out. Kids need to be developed and get better and go from there. Kings and I are going to agree to disagree, however we both want the best for the program.

Warranted or not, the line of parents complaining about high school coaches is long long line. There was a time in my life where I was in that line regularly, but with age (and a little more maturity) I try to stay out of that line as much as possible.

Whoa Whoa Whoa. you all need to chill out.

while i also believe it's NOT right to bash a coach, i wish the school WOULD go for the applicant with the best experience, and not settle for the easiest solution. I played with coach hitch at CCHS, and he is an amazing person and great with the kids, but he doesn't have the knowledge of the game. i wish scott shipp would return. the inside word is that he had tried to apply for this season, but wasn't even considered. that is sad.

Whoa Whoa Whoa. you all need to chill out.

while i also believe it's NOT right to bash a coach, i wish the school WOULD go for the applicant with the best experience, and not settle for the easiest solution. I played with coach hitch at CCHS, and he is an amazing person and great with the kids, but he doesn't have the knowledge of the game. i wish scott shipp would return. the inside word is that he had tried to apply for this season, but wasn't even considered. that is sad.

I have always heard the same thing about Coach Hitch, great person and great with the boys, but his knowledge of the game is lacking. I heard the same about Shipp. Raney also applied and was never considered. Sometimes I think they don't care much about the soccer program or don't have the budget to go out and higher a better coach. They have stepped up their coaching hires with Russell (Boys Basketball), Murray (Girls Basketball), and Lickert (Football). They are all proven winners. Dave Morris has proven he can win with the girls side although I don't always agree with his coaching style. You have to bring in a proven winner for the boys soccer program. You owe it to the boys who love playing the game. You have to either have some experience winning at the high school level or club level before I would even consider you for the position.