Could Campbell County Boys Soccer Team go winless this season?

kings102876

Volunteer my time you ask?...Well I was offered the freshman coaching position there 3 years ago and like many others in the coaching world I have a day job. I would have loved to accepted the position but could not because they would not allow me to change the practice time. I am sorry but I could not make it to the school at 3:00 or 3:30 when I have to work until 4:30. I don't know where you get the idea that I am bashing the program. I just said that I don't think Coach Hitch will be back next year. I didn't say that the players were horrible and had no talent. I just believe that they need to care a little more about who they hire and look outside the program and hire someone with more experience. I know the State does not require you to have a National Coaching License but no high school should be hiring a head soccer coach without one. You have to have one to coach on the Club level so the same should go for the high school level. I find it sad that I have to sit and listen to you bash me about my opinion. Why do you take it so personal anyway? Did you have a part in hiring Coach Hitch? At this point I am more than willing to discuss this with you at the game against Simon Kenton tonight. I will explain to you why I believe it is more coaching than the players if you would like.

Since when did schools dictate when you have practice???? I would think this is the coaches decision? :idunno:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when did schools dictate when you have practice???? I would think this is the coaches decision? :idunno:

It all has to do with transportation for the underclass men. Getting bused home and then having to come back to school 2hrs later was too much from what I was told. They may have left it up to the head coach in the end but they would not change it.

No, not really. I would expect adults to act more civilized than that. But then again, there is not a lot of civility going on in these posts so you never know. As a CC supporter, I hope the soccer team can do what it takes to improve next season and beyond. I don't know a thing about the coach or his abilities to lead the team so I am counting on the administration at CCHS to make the right decisions regarding. Good luck to the Camels and I still may stop by tonight if I see them on the hill.

I propose soccer balls at 20 paces.

It all has to do with transportation for the underclass men. Getting bused home and then having to come back to school 2hrs later was too much from what I was told. They may have left it up to the head coach in the end but they would not change it.

Why couldn't they just stay at school and do their homework till it was time for practice???? I know the Frosh teams at NewCath who have late practices and have kids who live out in the county do this. :idunno:

Why couldn't they just stay at school and do their homework till it was time for practice???? I know the Frosh teams at NewCath who have late practices and have kids who live out in the county do this. :idunno:

Got to have someone to supervise them after school, ie a coach......if the coach isnt their well........

I have always heard the same thing about Coach Hitch, great person and great with the boys, but his knowledge of the game is lacking. I heard the same about Shipp. Raney also applied and was never considered. Sometimes I think they don't care much about the soccer program or don't have the budget to go out and higher a better coach. They have stepped up their coaching hires with Russell (Boys Basketball), Murray (Girls Basketball), and Lickert (Football). They are all proven winners. Dave Morris has proven he can win with the girls side although I don't always agree with his coaching style. You have to bring in a proven winner for the boys soccer program. You owe it to the boys who love playing the game. You have to either have some experience winning at the high school level or club level before I would even consider you for the position.

I completely agree. I don't agree with Morris's style of play either (AT ALL), but he has seen more success. I still feel though that those girls now know how to when, and now need to be taught the game correctly.

ANYWAY-

Scott Shipp is a superb coach. Plenty of experience with a winning program (Highlands), and complete knowledge of the game. He still plays in an over 30 league actually. He was an awesome mentor to me and my teammates, and he wanted CCHS to become a top notch program. He left because he was starting a family, and was never welcomed back. It's sad that CC athletics only care about certain teams and not others.

Scr-12-V-CCo37-TwinsJordanJoshFrommeyer-BGP.jpg

Campbell County's worse fears were realized tonight when they were eliminated from the opening round of the 37th District Tournament, falling 5-1 to Bishop Brossart.

The attached photo is a very poignant portrayal that even though his team was 0-15-1 it obviously meant something to Senior Josh Frommeyer, who is seen here being comforted by his twin brother, Jordan, whose team had just recorded their 20th victory of the season.

Congrats to the Camels who hung in there throughout a very trying season! While Soccer is a "minor" sport it is important to those kids and their families who play the game. I doubt that the Campbell County sports community is rocked or outraged by the fact that their soccer team went winless, so long as the football team (major sport) is doing well, but to those guys who suited up 16 times this season, and practiced daily in between, it was the most important thing in their lives.

Better to have competed and lost, than never to have competed at all!!!