Cliff Lee placed on waivers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet phillies let him go to get rid of the contract.

I don't think so. Yes they will be getting rid of the big contract, but then also receiving nothing for a pretty good pitcher. If they really do want to get rid of his contract, then at least lower their asking price for what they would want in return in a trade. So they at least also get something for him.

The reason I think they might do it is because the money they have invested in 3 pitchers. They could use some of that money to spend on hitting. Especially since they traded Pence.

I don't think they will but I agree with you. Why not let him go and us his money on a 3 or 4 year offer for Josh Hamilton?

I'm guessing Guru doesn't care whether new posters are afraid to post or not as long as they pay their membership fees...

I'll be sure to ask him when I don't renew my membership. Gotta love these Internet tough guys.

I'm guessing Guru doesn't care whether new posters are afraid to post or not as long as they pay their membership fees...

You would be wrong. theguru wants everyone to get involved. The more post, the more opinions, the better the site.

Because pitching wins playoff games?

I'd take my chances with Doc and Hamels in any playoff series. Riddle me this though why did the Phillies do far better in the playoffs with only one ace than they have two or more? How have the Rangers won the AL the last two years with only one ace one year and CJ Wilson the other. It takes a combo of pitching, hitting, defense, managing, luck and general just getting hot to win the World Series.

I'd take my chances with Doc and Hamels in any playoff series. Riddle me this though why did the Phillies do far better in the playoffs with only one ace than they have two or more? How have the Rangers won the AL the last two years with only one ace one year and CJ Wilson the other. It takes a combo of pitching, hitting, defense, managing, luck and general just getting hot to win the World Series.

If I have 3 or 4 aces I'll take my chances with them in the playoffs along with an average offense. That's a whole lot better than a good offense and one ace. I'm guessing most would agree