KY Aces

SSC

Porky, I agree, when I said that comment I was meaning more that she could play for coaches that are tough. I don't know all the details about Ryle so it would be hard to say for sure.

One thing for sure, if it was best for the team and the team was good I would be fine with it...not saying that is the case here I have no clue.

When Maddy came back from her injury HC's coach told her she was going to play outfield bc it wasn't fair to the 7th grader that had been playing there just to lose her spot. What can you do? It only lasted about 3 innings bc the girl had several errors.

I guess, I would love to be able to try some different for HS, She loves HC and loves the soccer program the softball program the last couple of years has been real bad and what's worse the girls don't enjoy it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSC I agree with you. I have nothing but respect for Patti and Steve. They do a great job and seem to get the best from their players every year. However, with your daughter being considered the best shortstop in NKY, would you want her playing for them if they had her catching or playing somewhere else the entire year? Just asking the question. I am not sure if I would like that or not and probably wouldn't know the answer unless I was in that situation. Your daughter will be playing D1 softball and is a great shortstop and that is where you probably want her to play. I know it is supposed to be all about the girls, but what about the team. Would you want her to play the position that is best for her and her future or would you be okay if she played somewhere else like catcher to benefit the team. Again, just asking the queston because I am not sure what I would do. I would assume your daughter won't be catching in college, probably will be playing somewhere in middle infield. I would think this would be a tough position to be in for the player and parents. What do you think? Anyone?

First hand experience......it's not too tough a position to be in when the girl loves to play the game. When the girl has just one goal for high school and that is getting back to state tournament, she takes lumps. She talks with her parents and says she will play wherever it takes to make it happen. The parents tell this to the coach...

PROBLEM #1....the coach never once approaches the player to explain that for the best of the team, she is making a move on the players position. Little comments are made about the player needing to "work on things" and "get her stuff back" and still no discussion with the player....nice for the psyche. Parents ask the coach if she has any idea what is wrong with the player and coach says "no, what's wrong?" Parents response back to coach, "why don't you talk to her about it?" Guess what.....coach still didn't bother to talk to the player. Nice coach/player relationship.

PROBLEM #2....with all the drama at the beginning of the year and this player and family no longer being "ALL IN", little punishments and comments made in front of the entire team, the player no longer had respect for the coach. No respect, no desire to win.....

PROBLEM #3 (not really a problem in this mother's eyes but rather a strength on the part of the daughter)....player expresses she can never play for the coaches again. BUT because of her loyalty to her teammates sticks the season out even though she is miserable playing the game. (Take a look at the regional championship game pictures of this player if anyone questions whether she was miserable or not)

Fix to all these problems.......remove the player from the situation. So to sum up my input, high school is a practice field for bigger and better things, ie summer ball which leads to college ball. You do what you have to do until you can't do it anymore!

First hand experience......it's not too tough a position to be in when the girl loves to play the game. When the girl has just one goal for high school and that is getting back to state tournament, she takes lumps. She talks with her parents and says she will play wherever it takes to make it happen. The parents tell this to the coach...

PROBLEM #1....the coach never once approaches the player to explain that for the best of the team, she is making a move on the players position. Little comments are made about the player needing to "work on things" and "get her stuff back" and still no discussion with the player....nice for the psyche. Parents ask the coach if she has any idea what is wrong with the player and coach says "no, what's wrong?" Parents response back to coach, "why don't you talk to her about it?" Guess what.....coach still didn't bother to talk to the player. Nice coach/player relationship.

PROBLEM #2....with all the drama at the beginning of the year and this player and family no longer being "ALL IN", little punishments and comments made in front of the entire team, the player no longer had respect for the coach. No respect, no desire to win.....

PROBLEM #3 (not really a problem in this mother's eyes but rather a strength on the part of the daughter)....player expresses she can never play for the coaches again. BUT because of her loyalty to her teammates sticks the season out even though she is miserable playing the game. (Take a look at the regional championship game pictures of this player if anyone questions whether she was miserable or not)

Fix to all these problems.......remove the player from the situation. So to sum up my input, high school is a practice field for bigger and better things, ie summer ball which leads to college ball. You do what you have to do until you can't do it anymore!

So are we to assume she will be transferring schools for next year?:idunno:

First hand experience......it's not too tough a position to be in when the girl loves to play the game. When the girl has just one goal for high school and that is getting back to state tournament, she takes lumps. She talks with her parents and says she will play wherever it takes to make it happen. The parents tell this to the coach...PROBLEM #1....the coach never once approaches the player to explain that for the best of the team, she is making a move on the players position. Little comments are made about the player needing to "work on things" and "get her stuff back" and still no discussion with the player....nice for the psyche. Parents ask the coach if she has any idea what is wrong with the player and coach says "no, what's wrong?" Parents response back to coach, "why don't you talk to her about it?" Guess what.....coach still didn't bother to talk to the player. Nice coach/player relationship.

Not only is your daughter very talented, it seems that she has a great attitude as it appears in the first paragraph of your response. However, I am confused because she got her wish to get back to state, but as you mention in the regional championship game pictures, it seems as if you are saying she was miserable. I am thinking it wore on her pretty much throughout the season. That is a lot for any high school girl IMO. Good luck in the future with your high school team. I would be very interested to hear what you decide to do. I really hope she is enjoying her summer team and having fun and winning too.

Not only is your daughter very talented, it seems that she has a great attitude as it appears in the first paragraph of your response. However, I am confused because she got her wish to get back to state, but as you mention in the regional championship game pictures, it seems as if you are saying she was miserable. I am thinking it wore on her pretty much throughout the season. That is a lot for any high school girl IMO. Good luck in the future with your high school team. I would be very interested to hear what you decide to do. I really hope she is enjoying her summer team and having fun and winning too.

Thank you Porky for the kind words. By the time state rolled around she could have truly cared less about going anymore. It was a long season mentally and she was done, thus you could read it on her face at regionals.

She is again having fun and winning some too!

Steinle too...and she is willing to catch! LOL

Steinle is a great middle infielder. She has great hands and runs very well too. She could play anywhere you want her. Not sure about pitching though.

Haylee would fit in great with the 5 returning freshman starters, and we both know how Madyson and my daughter get along. :lol:

Well your daughter was reall mean that day!!!

That's an understatement

All right so where are should everyone go. I say Dixie or Boone. Sounds like we have Steinle, Smith and Moran. Any one else want in? Can seniors transfer in the middle of the year. Moran no way would leave before the soccer season is over. I guess I need to start looking for apts!!!!