KY Aces

SSC

Ok she was the starter of a Div 1 softball team as a freshmen untill she blew her acl/mcl and had to have surgery about 20 games into the season. Then again i forgot for a minute that you eberything about softball sorry!!!!!

NKU was a D2 school last year!!! So Connor missed the season, I didn't know that...I guess I don't know everything.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are finally right with a statement there ABC....they were not all in in past years. So since you must have the fast track with the program with your wealth of knowledge, why would the letter have been worded that not everyone was "ALL IN"? If the coaches needed a break, absolutely great. Take a LOOOOOONG break....as long as they need.....but don't put it on the back of one girl. Even two girls, or three. They wanted a break, say they want a break! That's easy and understandable.

I don't believe anyone in this post said anything about them winning the 9th region again. But honestly, I am tired of hearing it was the coaches that won it. Were they the ones out there playing the game? No...it was the team of girls that with their talent won the games needed. It was the chemistry the girls had together and the desire they had to win. The coaches lent a hand in it but ultimately the wins are the girls, not the coaches!!!

What kids and parents thought they were too big for the program? Since you saw so much in your maybe 12 days in 2 summers........

They were not all in in years past either. Maybe the coaches need a break from parents and kids a like. Let's remember one thing they still won 9 th region again this year with out two key players. Steve and Pattie will have what ever girls show up in the spring ready to play and defended there title again.

Brooke hada nice time playing for them I could see how some parents and kids who thought they were bigger then the program would have ahardtomepaying for them. You play where they want you play or you don't.

Edited by SoftballFan14
duplicate typed...can't stand grammatical errors

You are finally right with a statement there ABC....they were not all in in past years. So since you must have the fast track with the program with your wealth of knowledge, why would the letter have been worded that not everyone was "ALL IN"? If the coaches needed a break, absolutely great. Take a LOOOOOONG break....as long as they need.....but don't put it on the back of one girl. Even two girls, or three. They wanted a break, say they want a break! That's easy and understandable.

I don't believe anyone in this post said anything about them winning the 9th region again. But honestly, I am tired of hearing it was the coaches that won it. Were they the ones out there playing the game? No...it was the team of girls that with their talent won the games needed. It was the chemistry the girls had together and the desire they had to win. The coaches lent a hand in it but ultimately the wins are the girls, not the coaches!!!

What kids and parents thought they were too big for the program? Since you saw so much in your maybe 12 days in 2 summers........

:popcorn: Here we go....

Situation is, that coaches sent a letter home to the team in April, that because not everyone was "ALL IN" there would be no summer team. However, there was only one girl confirmed to not be playing summer ball with them. But the coaches banked totally on this one girl I guess, as Steve says it "their marque player".....so the coaches thanked the girls parents for "shutting it down" because it then gave their daughter a chance to play for the Sluggers. However, the coaches were aware in Sept/Oct that this "marque player" wouldn't be playing this summer! Unfortunately they didn't feel the need to share the news with the rest of the team so everyone else could find summer teams of they wanted their kids to play.

I would think that the coaches already knew they were going to shut it down since their daughter is playing for the Sluggers. Didn't the Sluggers have their tryouts last fall as all travel teams do? Seems like they were using the marque player and her parents as an out for them and their daughter. Just my thoughts. Anyway, that marque player is probably better off playing travel ball with a true travel team IMO. I am sure they will play in more competitive tournaments and showcase tournaments, and if she wants to play at the next level I am sure there will be more college coaches at those tournaments.

I'm not going to act like I know what the coaches knew or already knew regarding what they were doing and truly don't care. I do care how they spin it though. They have mastered the spin of taking things off their shoulders and placing blame elsewhere or deflecting things all together.

You are 100% correct that this player Steve calls "marque" is better off never playing for these coaches again......

I would think that the coaches already knew they were going to shut it down since their daughter is playing for the Sluggers. Didn't the Sluggers have their tryouts last fall as all travel teams do? Seems like they were using the marque player and her parents as an out for them and their daughter. Just my thoughts. Anyway, that marque player is probably better off playing travel ball with a true travel team IMO. I am sure they will play in more competitive tournaments and showcase tournaments, and if she wants to play at the next level I am sure there will be more college coaches at those tournaments.

[i am a friend of both Patti and Steve and you should not speculate on something that you do not know. Fact, McKell did not try out for the Sluggers in the fall but was invited to play in May; long after the summer team was called off. For McKell to play on the KY Aces this summer the team would have to move up to the 18U class. McKell's playing for the Louisville Lady Sluggers 18U gold team had nothing to do with the decision. People are misinterpreting the use of "marquee" player on summer team ball. If a team has a player that is being scouted by college teams this player will bring out the college coaches to watch this team which creates opportunities for the other players to be noticed. That is the purpose of travel ball and the reasons there are all these exposure tournaments. The KY Aces was formed to keep the Ryle girls softball team together in the summer but when there are players who do not want to play with their high school team in the summer it kind of defeats the purpose of having the team. It takes several years to build a travel team. If the purpose is getting the girls noticed for college opportunities you want to field the best team. It is a compliment to call a player a marquee player. But it takes a team QUOTE=Porky;4379490]I would think that the coaches already knew they were going to shut it down since their daughter is playing for the Sluggers. Didn't the Sluggers have their tryouts last fall as all travel teams do? Seems like they were using the marque player and her parents as an out for them and their daughter. Just my thoughts. Anyway, that marque player is probably better off playing travel ball with a true travel team IMO. I am sure they will play in more competitive tournaments and showcase tournaments, and if she wants to play at the next level I am sure there will be more college coaches at those tournaments.

[i am a friend of both Patti and Steve and you should not speculate on something that you do not know. Fact, McKell did not try out for the Sluggers in the fall but was invited to play in May; long after the summer team was called off. For McKell to play on the KY Aces this summer the team would have to move up to the 18U class. McKell's playing for the Louisville Lady Sluggers 18U gold team had nothing to do with the decision. People are misinterpreting the use of "marquee" player on summer team ball. If a team has a player that is being scouted by college teams this player will bring out the college coaches to watch this team which creates opportunities for the other players to be noticed. That is the purpose of travel ball and the reasons there are all these exposure tournaments. The KY Aces was formed to keep the Ryle girls softball team together in the summer but when there are players who do not want to play with their high school team in the summer it kind of defeats the purpose of having the team. It takes several years to build a travel team. If the purpose is getting the girls noticed for college opportunities you want to field the best team. It is a compliment to call a player a marquee player. But it takes a team QUOTE=Porky;4379490]I would think that the coaches already knew they were going to shut it down since their daughter is playing for the Sluggers. Didn't the Sluggers have their tryouts last fall as all travel teams do? Seems like they were using the marque player and her parents as an out for them and their daughter. Just my thoughts. Anyway, that marque player is probably better off playing travel ball with a true travel team IMO. I am sure they will play in more competitive tournaments and showcase tournaments, and if she wants to play at the next level I am sure there will be more college coaches at those tournaments.

Sure sounds like we are getting many stories on this.

What grade is Mckell in? I was thinking she was only a Soph or Junior. That should put her in the 16U class.

Unfortuantely coaches cannot come on here and express their feelings or tell their side of the story so people keep coming on here and turning every thread around to be sure and include some insults to Patti and Steve. People have even included their daughter in their critism. I do not image that would sit well if the tables were turned and your daughters were the ones under attack.

SoftballFan14 I have a few questions/comments. You have certainly shared your opinions enough. At the District tournament during the game between Conner and Boone you wore a Boone shirt and sat with the Boone parents rather than the Ryle team, at the Regional tournament you were the only parent that did not come down on the field and congratulate the players and at the State tournament I overheard you tell your daughter " You will do what I tell you to do". After the Regional tournament you came on here mad because your daughter did not make the All-Tournament team; which of the four Ryle players did you think should not be on the team? Which one would you take away their honor? High school sports are all about kids learning to be team players and team players share the success of the team.

You do not want to give Patti or Steve any credit for the sucess of Ryle but I do not know many coaches that could take a team and have only one starter playing the same position, put kids in positions they have never played, and coach them up to the state tournament. Yes, you have some folks on here that buy in to all your comments but I do not think you realize that your comments and actions only make you look bad to the rest of us that have observed this season.

I can tell you from experience that if you have the same attitude with college coaches that may recruit your daughter you will hurt her chances for a scholarship. They do not want the drama. You go on your facebook and talk about burning bridges and only sorry two people are not on it when it burns ; why don't you build a bridge and get over it!!

Unfortuantely coaches cannot come on here and express their feelings or tell their side of the story so people keep coming on here and turning every thread around to be sure and include some insults to Patti and Steve. People have even included their daughter in their critism. I do not image that would sit well if the tables were turned and your daughters were the ones under attack.

SoftballFan14 I have a few questions/comments. You have certainly shared your opinions enough. At the District tournament during the game between Conner and Boone you wore a Boone shirt and sat with the Boone parents rather than the Ryle team, at the Regional tournament you were the only parent that did not come down on the field and congratulate the players and at the State tournament I overheard you tell your daughter " You will do what I tell you to do". After the Regional tournament you came on here mad because your daughter did not make the All-Tournament team; which of the four Ryle players did you think should not be on the team? Which one would you take away their honor? High school sports are all about kids learning to be team players and team players share the success of the team.

You do not want to give Patti or Steve any credit for the sucess of Ryle but I do not know many coaches that could take a team and have only one starter playing the same position, put kids in positions they have never played, and coach them up to the state tournament. Yes, you have some folks on here that buy in to all your comments but I do not think you realize that your comments and actions only make you look bad to the rest of us that have observed this season.

I can tell you from experience that if you have the same attitude with college coaches that may recruit your daughter you will hurt her chances for a scholarship. They do not want the drama. You go on your facebook and talk about burning bridges and only sorry two people are not on it when it burns ; why don't you build a bridge and get over it!!

I am to lazy to go back and read the whole thread who criticized their daughter?

I tend to agree with you, Steve and Patti deserve a lot of credit for what has happens at Ryle, both the good and the bad. They find a way to win every year, of course most people would say they have the most talent. They also have had several girls not play and have one of their better players very unhappy. What kind of drama would they have if they didn't win. Winning solves most problems.

I do not know her exact birthday but know she turned 17 before Jan 1 which makes her too old for 16U

You would be correct, that would make her a senior unless she started school late.

After reading this I imagined seeing steam come out of kyshooter's ears as they typed this response.

[i am a friend of both Patti and Steve and you should not speculate on something that you do not know. Fact, McKell did not try out for the Sluggers in the fall but was invited to play in May; long after the summer team was called off. For McKell to play on the KY Aces this summer the team would have to move up to the 18U class. McKell's playing for the Louisville Lady Sluggers 18U gold team had nothing to do with the decision. People are misinterpreting the use of "marquee" player on summer team ball. If a team has a player that is being scouted by college teams this player will bring out the college coaches to watch this team which creates opportunities for the other players to be noticed. That is the purpose of travel ball and the reasons there are all these exposure tournaments. The KY Aces was formed to keep the Ryle girls softball team together in the summer but when there are players who do not want to play with their high school team in the summer it kind of defeats the purpose of having the team. It takes several years to build a travel team. [b]If the purpose is getting the girls noticed for college opportunities you want to field the best team.[/b] It is a compliment to call a player a marquee player. But it takes a team

I stand corrected on McKell and the Sluggers. I assumed that a team like the Sluggers would have their roster pretty much set in the fall, but realize there are injuries that happen and girls that change their minds, etc. My apologies for assuming.

We may have a difference of opinions but I think the best team would always be a travel team for someone who wants to play at the next level. They are typically made up of the best players from various schools/areas and get a lot more exposure, and there are coaches that come and see all or most of them. I believe there is typically a high school league that high school teams can play in if they choose. They play one or two nights a week on a week night. The Ryle team could have still played in this league and continued to play together throughout the summer. Just an option for them to consider.

Kyshooter, I am thinking maybe you should change your screen name to kystalker. You seem to pay far too much attention to what I do or don't do. Borderline obsessive IMO. I would think that you would be at games to enjoy watching the actual game rather than getting fashion ideas from me, or who I sit with or don't sit with, or being worried about who you see me congratulate or not congratulate. Ask around, I congratulated many of the girls on the win and the awards they won! As for my statement you overheard "you will do what I tell you to do", I can bet many a parent has made this comment to their child at some point in their life. What was the context of the actual discussion I was having with my daughter?

I have shared my opinions, as that is the purpose of this board. However, there are many opinions I have not posted on here. I have not bashed or criticized any of the girls on here. So what is your issue with my behavior? Because I am not "all in" and I have questioned actions and comments made by the coaches? Right is right and wrong is wrong and things that the girls have endured at times are wrong!

If you are going to say I haven't given credit to Patti and Steve, get it right...a previous post within this very thread I said "the coaches lent a hand in it but ultimately the wins are the girl's, not the coaches". If a coach is truly in it for the girls then it is not about them getting the glory, it's about the girls getting it. So my bad in not showering praise over the coaches...again my opinion, majority of the credit belongs to the girls.

Refresh my memory where I came on here and posted anything that indicated I was mad my daughter did not make the All-Tournament team? Along with stalking my actions and Facebook, you must have been doing some psychic tricks getting into my head for this information??? Keep the day job and stop thinking you'll be the next Miss Cleo!!

I won't have to worry about drama with college coaches because I can guarantee you that my daughter won't be considering any college that employs coaches that have some of the same ethics the Oliverios do. But to the Oliverios credit since they don't feel enough love, they have good qualities. Unfortunately their bad ones outweigh the good one when it comes to what my husband and I will expose our daughter to. Some people are willing to allow bad actions/comments to their kids and that is their prerogative, our household isn't ran that way.

While you are responding to my questions/comments, why don't you go ahead and make yourself known since your "set" seems pretty large behind a screen name....anything I say on here, isn't anything I wouldn't say straight to the Oliverios or to anyone else for that matter.