KY Aces

SSC

I have had almost no dealings with Oliverios and very seldom been around them. But the couple times I have been around them I didn't like some of the things I saw and heard. Just my two cents

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had almost no dealings with Oliverios and very seldom been around them. But the couple times I have been around them I didn't like some of the things I saw and heard. Just my two cents

Just an observation.....looked at all of kyshooters posts since they (he/she) have been members, and every one of them is in defense of the Ryle coaches.....just sayin'...

I stand corrected on McKell and the Sluggers. I assumed that a team like the Sluggers would have their roster pretty much set in the fall, but realize there are injuries that happen and girls that change their minds, etc. My apologies for assuming.

We may have a difference of opinions but I think the best team would always be a travel team for someone who wants to play at the next level. They are typically made up of the best players from various schools/areas and get a lot more exposure, and there are coaches that come and see all or most of them. I believe there is typically a high school league that high school teams can play in if they choose. They play one or two nights a week on a week night. The Ryle team could have still played in this league and continued to play together throughout the summer. Just an option for them to consider.

You would be correct. The teams making up the league are: Beechwood, Brossart, Boone Co., Campbell Co., Dixie, Highlands, Holmes, Grant Co., Lloyd, NewCath, Notre Dame (2 teams), Simon Kenton, and 3 rec teams from Campbell Co.

Teams play DH'ers and games are played at Boone, Newcath (Bartlett Field), ND, Highlands, Campbell Co, Holmes, SK. Kenton Lakes during the "dead period".

Lawnboy no steam. I rarely post but yes I do come on here to support my friends because it is very unfair for people to post anything they want whether it is the truth or not. There are always two sides but some people think if they tell their side enough times it becomes fact. There is a whole other group of folks that never post on here but do not agree with things being written.

Guilty as charged and should I look at other posters I beat I would find a trend in their posts including yours I rarely post,as I said in an earlier post but tend to give an overall summation to make a point that there are people who like and respect Patti and Steve. QUOTE=History;4379982]Just an observation.....looked at all of kyshooters posts since they (he/she) have been members, and every one of them is in defense of the Ryle coaches.....just sayin'...

Kystalker... Very clever!! Trust me it is not your fashion sense as it is not my style. I could have spent the entire season responding to each of your posts because so many of them are sarcastic and negative but chose not to engage. I would not have responded now but you cannot stop throwing out innuendos and negative comments. Talk about obsessive!!!

It seems to me you have made it your life's work to run down the Ryle coaches and you want to throw out ethics. What if someone at your job watched your every move, every word was analyzed and debated, every look and gesture scrutinized. How would you come out? You want to set yourself up as the moral authority but will not consider anyone's opinion if it differs from yours. You pounce on anyone who dares to disagree. To the causal observer reading your posts it appears you have an agenda and if noone challenges your opinion then it appears everything you say is true. I do not agree with you. I stated my observations of you at the games to demonstrate that there can be perceptions of your behavior that can appear less than favorable. It does not feel good to have some criticizing your every action does it?

I am not going to continue to debate with you who is right or wrong. I am simply pointing out that there is another side to your posts. One last item: the next time I see you I will let you know who I am.

tjentiresras

Kyshooter, I am thinking maybe you should change your screen name to kystalker. You seem to pay far too much attention to what I do or don't do. Borderline obsessive IMO. I would think that you would be at games to enjoy watching the actual game rather than getting fashion ideas from me, or who I sit with or don't sit with, or being worried about who you see me congratulate or not congratulate. Ask around, I congratulated many of the girls on the win and the awards they won! As for my statement you overheard "you will do what I tell you to do", I can bet many a parent has made this comment to their child at some point in their life. What was the context of the actual discussion I was having with my daughter?

I have shared my opinions, as that is the purpose of this board. However, there are many opinions I have not posted on here. I have not bashed or criticized any of the girls on here. So what is your issue with my behavior? Because I am not "all in" and I have questioned actions and comments made by the coaches? Right is right and wrong is wrong and things that the girls have endured at times are wrong!

If you are going to say I haven't given credit to Patti and Steve, get it right...a previous post within this very thread I said "the coaches lent a hand in it but ultimately the wins are the girl's, not the coaches". If a coach is truly in it for the girls then it is not about them getting the glory, it's about the girls getting it. So my bad in not showering praise over the coaches...again my opinion, majority of the credit belongs to the girls.

Refresh my memory where I came on here and posted anything that indicated I was mad my daughter did not make the All-Tournament team? Along with stalking my actions and Facebook, you must have been doing some psychic tricks getting into my head for this information??? Keep the day job and stop thinking you'll be the next Miss Cleo!!

I won't have to worry about drama with college coaches because I can guarantee you that my daughter won't be considering any college that employs coaches that have some of the same ethics the Oliverios do. But to the Oliverios credit since they don't feel enough love, they have good qualities. Unfortunately their bad ones outweigh the good one when it comes to what my husband and I will expose our daughter to. Some people are willing to allow bad actions/comments to their kids and that is their prerogative, our household isn't ran that way.

While you are responding to my questions/comments, why don't you go ahead and make yourself known since your "set" seems pretty large behind a screen name....anything I say on here, isn't anything I wouldn't say straight to the Oliverios or to anyone else for that matter.

Kystalker... Very clever!! Trust me it is not your fashion sense as it is not my style. I could have spent the entire season responding to each of your posts because so many of them are sarcastic and negative but chose not to engage. I would not have responded now but you cannot stop throwing out innuendos and negative comments. Talk about obsessive!!!

It seems to me you have made it your life's work to run down the Ryle coaches and you want to throw out ethics. What if someone at your job watched your every move, every word was analyzed and debated, every look and gesture scrutinized. How would you come out? You want to set yourself up as the moral authority but will not consider anyone's opinion if it differs from yours. You pounce on anyone who dares to disagree. To the causal observer reading your posts it appears you have an agenda and if noone challenges your opinion then it appears everything you say is true. I do not agree with you. I stated my observations of you at the games to demonstrate that there can be perceptions of your behavior that can appear less than favorable. It does not feel good to have some criticizing your every action does it?

I am not going to continue to debate with you who is right or wrong. I am simply pointing out that there is another side to your posts. One last item: the next time I see you I will let you know who I am.

tjentiresras

I would think that everyone that gets on a message board realizes that there are 2 sides to every story.

Lawnboy no steam. I rarely post but yes I do come on here to support my friends because it is very unfair for people to post anything they want whether it is the truth or not. There are always two sides but some people think if they tell their side enough times it becomes fact. There is a whole other group of folks that never post on here but do not agree with things being written.

kyshooter, I have no dog in this fight, however from all that I have seen of Patti & Steve I would have no problem with my kid playing for them. And I agree with your above post.

Kyshooter, I am thinking maybe you should change your screen name to kystalker. You seem to pay far too much attention to what I do or don't do. Borderline obsessive IMO. I would think that you would be at games to enjoy watching the actual game rather than getting fashion ideas from me, or who I sit with or don't sit with, or being worried about who you see me congratulate or not congratulate. Ask around, I congratulated many of the girls on the win and the awards they won! As for my statement you overheard "you will do what I tell you to do", I can bet many a parent has made this comment to their child at some point in their life. What was the context of the actual discussion I was having with my daughter?

I have shared my opinions, as that is the purpose of this board. However, there are many opinions I have not posted on here. I have not bashed or criticized any of the girls on here. So what is your issue with my behavior? Because I am not "all in" and I have questioned actions and comments made by the coaches? Right is right and wrong is wrong and things that the girls have endured at times are wrong!

If you are going to say I haven't given credit to Patti and Steve, get it right...a previous post within this very thread I said "the coaches lent a hand in it but ultimately the wins are the girl's, not the coaches". If a coach is truly in it for the girls then it is not about them getting the glory, it's about the girls getting it. So my bad in not showering praise over the coaches...again my opinion, majority of the credit belongs to the girls.

Refresh my memory where I came on here and posted anything that indicated I was mad my daughter did not make the All-Tournament team? Along with stalking my actions and Facebook, you must have been doing some psychic tricks getting into my head for this information??? Keep the day job and stop thinking you'll be the next Miss Cleo!!

I won't have to worry about drama with college coaches because I can guarantee you that my daughter won't be considering any college that employs coaches that have some of the same ethics the Oliverios do. But to the Oliverios credit since they don't feel enough love, they have good qualities. Unfortunately their bad ones outweigh the good one when it comes to what my husband and I will expose our daughter to. Some people are willing to allow bad actions/comments to their kids and that is their prerogative, our household isn't ran that way.

While you are responding to my questions/comments, why don't you go ahead and make yourself known since your "set" seems pretty large behind a screen name....anything I say on here, isn't anything I wouldn't say straight to the Oliverios or to anyone else for that matter.

I like it when someone is not afraid to say what's on their mind, at least you know where they stand.

kyshooter, I have no dog in this fight, however from all that I have seen of Patti & Steve I would have no problem with my kid playing for them. And I agree with your above post.

I agree, I am sure they are not perfect but I would have my daughter play for them.

tjentiresras

McJ....anyone with common sense can realize that there are always 2 sides to every story. People will believe whatever they want, no matter what I say or what you say. It's a pattern of behavior that follows you around. Sometimes you find people to buy into your twists, sometimes you don't. I don't care if people like you or don't like you, I don't lose sleep over the fact that people bash you or don't bash you. I sleep well because I know right and wrong and I have nothing to be paranoid about, therefore I have nothing to be obsessive about other than the fact that my daughter isn't screwed up because of you.

When a person takes on the responsibility of a coach, they put themselves out there for scrutiny. Thus, every word and movement you make is watched. That is your choice to be in that role. You don't like it, quit. Plain and simple. You are a teacher/coach, act like such and conduct yourselves as such. Teach kids the values we expect teachers/coaches to adhere by. But maybe the problem is, my family has higher expectations than most? Cause there are some topics of discussions that are completely off limits....and I bet you know what I mean by that, don't you kystalker?? When you are ready to sit down and hash the real truth out between us, let's do it. There are several questions I've got for you. You know how to get in touch with me. You could very well be looking in my windows now.....time to shut the blinds......

McJ....anyone with common sense can realize that there are always 2 sides to every story. People will believe whatever they want, no matter what I say or what you say. It's a pattern of behavior that follows you around. Sometimes you find people to buy into your twists, sometimes you don't. I don't care if people like you or don't like you, I don't lose sleep over the fact that people bash you or don't bash you. I sleep well because I know right and wrong and I have nothing to be paranoid about, therefore I have nothing to be obsessive about other than the fact that my daughter isn't screwed up because of you.

When a person takes on the responsibility of a coach, they put themselves out there for scrutiny. Thus, every word and movement you make is watched. That is your choice to be in that role. You don't like it, quit. Plain and simple. You are a teacher/coach, act like such and conduct yourselves as such. Teach kids the values we expect teachers/coaches to adhere by. But maybe the problem is, my family has higher expectations than most? Cause there are some topics of discussions that are completely off limits....and I bet you know what I mean by that, don't you kystalker?? When you are ready to sit down and hash the real truth out between us, let's do it. There are several questions I've got for you. You know how to get in touch with me. You could very well be looking in my windows now.....time to shut the blinds......

This could be the post of the year! very well said.

I agree, I am sure they are not perfect but I would have my daughter play for them.

SSC I agree with you. I have nothing but respect for Patti and Steve. They do a great job and seem to get the best from their players every year. However, with your daughter being considered the best shortstop in NKY, would you want her playing for them if they had her catching or playing somewhere else the entire year? Just asking the question. I am not sure if I would like that or not and probably wouldn't know the answer unless I was in that situation. Your daughter will be playing D1 softball and is a great shortstop and that is where you probably want her to play. I know it is supposed to be all about the girls, but what about the team. Would you want her to play the position that is best for her and her future or would you be okay if she played somewhere else like catcher to benefit the team. Again, just asking the queston because I am not sure what I would do. I would assume your daughter won't be catching in college, probably will be playing somewhere in middle infield. I would think this would be a tough position to be in for the player and parents. What do you think? Anyone?