KY Aces

SSC

I think that was the name of Ryle's summer team last year. Are they still playing? I haven't heard anything about them. I also heard their daughter is playing for the sluggers.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that was the name of Ryle's summer team last year. Are they still playing? I haven't heard anything about them. I also heard their daughter is playing for the sluggers.

No longer playing

No longer playing

Do you know why? I would think that might hurt their program some next season. I know Smith is playing with the Doom and I would assume Crupper is playing with someone. How about the others? Are they playing travel ball? I know many Conner and Boone County kids are playing, but it really helps when they all play together, not that that is the best thing for everyone.

Do you know why? I would think that might hurt their program some next season. I know Smith is playing with the Doom and I would assume Crupper is playing with someone. How about the others? Are they playing travel ball? I know many Conner and Boone County kids are playing, but it really helps when they all play together, not that that is the best thing for everyone.

The Crupper girl plays for EMR.

The one thing people do not understand is they played U16 and they used that summer team for the young girls to get playing time.

The one thing people do not understand is they played U16 and they used that summer team for the young girls to get playing time.

So why not do it again, almost all their girls are still 16U.

I would think they would want to see their daughter play.

They would if she played for the Aces. Didn't she play with them for the last two summers? Maybe they wanted their daughter to play on a team that plays in more competitive tournaments. I'm not sure, just guessing, but I wouldn't think that the Aces played in many big show case tournaments where there would be many college coaches. My thought is like Mr. Alphabet said, they just played summer ball to get their younger kids some playing time and get used to everyone playing together. Not that the tournaments they played in weren't competitive, but I don't think they traveled to big show case tournaments. Please correct me if I am wrong.

They would if she played for the Aces. Didn't she play with them for the last two summers? Maybe they wanted their daughter to play on a team that plays in more competitive tournaments. I'm not sure, just guessing, but I wouldn't think that the Aces played in many big show case tournaments where there would be many college coaches. My thought is like Mr. Alphabet said, they just played summer ball to get their younger kids some playing time and get used to everyone playing together. Not that the tournaments they played in weren't competitive, but I don't think they traveled to big show case tournaments. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The last two years my daughter along with Allie Conner who is now the starting catcher at NKU had the honor to play for them. They played in several big tournaments out of the 4 weeks they played 2 of them where showcase tourneys. They had a lot of fun with girls but also worked them very hard. Thats why a few of the girls didn't play this spring with them cause of the summer team. Some parents thought they were bigger then the program and could tell Steve and Patti where to play there daughters and they were barking up the wrong there.

Not sure why they did not play this summer for sure but i thoughts. Not sure if Smith or Crupper would have played with them anyway this summer.

The last two years my daughter along with Allie Conner who is now the starting catcher at NKU had the honor to play for them. They played in several big tournaments out of the 4 weeks they played 2 of them where showcase tourneys. They had a lot of fun with girls but also worked them very hard. Thats why a few of the girls didn't play this spring with them cause of the summer team. Some parents thought they were bigger then the program and could tell Steve and Patti where to play there daughters and they were barking up the wrong there.

Not sure why they did not play this summer for sure but i thoughts. Not sure if Smith or Crupper would have played with them anyway this summer.

Allie Conner is not the starting catcher for NKU, she started 18 of 59 games and had 50 ab's on the season. Most of that came in the first couple weeks of the season while there #1 catcher was recovering from an injury. The #1 ended up starting 41 games. She will be a junior next season.

What were the big tourney's they played in?

Can't believe parents would tell coaches where to play their kids, but I guess it happens. Its not easy coaching a travel team, I think that is one good reason not to have HS travel ball teams why risk the drama. Don't know what happened but my guess would be that the drama came from both sides here.

Allie Conner is not the starting catcher for NKU, she started 18 of 59 games and had 50 ab's on the season. Most of that came in the first couple weeks of the season while there #1 catcher was recovering from an injury. The #1 ended up starting 41 games. She will be a junior next season.

What were the big tourney's they played in?

Can't believe parents would tell coaches where to play their kids, but I guess it happens. Its not easy coaching a travel team, I think that is one good reason not to have HS travel ball teams why risk the drama. Don't know what happened but my guess would be that the drama came from both sides here.

Ok she was the starter of a Div 1 softball team as a freshmen untill she blew her acl/mcl and had to have surgery about 20 games into the season. Then again i forgot for a minute that you eberything about softball sorry!!!!!

Maybe when you are actually in the know as to why a kid doesn't play in the spring then you can speak. However, you aren't.

It certainly isn't any of my business or anyone else as to why any kid doesn't play high school ball in the spring, and I do not care to know. However, it sure sounds like you are in the know as to what is going on. Can you at least fill us in on why the Aces aren't playing summer ball this year and what the situation is? Just curious why they would not be playing this summer.

Situation is, that coaches sent a letter home to the team in April, that because not everyone was "ALL IN" there would be no summer team. However, there was only one girl confirmed to not be playing summer ball with them. But the coaches banked totally on this one girl I guess, as Steve says it "their marque player".....so the coaches thanked the girls parents for "shutting it down" because it then gave their daughter a chance to play for the Sluggers. However, the coaches were aware in Sept/Oct that this "marque player" wouldn't be playing this summer! Unfortunately they didn't feel the need to share the news with the rest of the team so everyone else could find summer teams of they wanted their kids to play.

It certainly isn't any of my business or anyone else as to why any kid doesn't play high school ball in the spring, and I do not care to know. However, it sure sounds like you are in the know as to what is going on. Can you at least fill us in on why the Aces aren't playing summer ball this year and what the situation is? Just curious why they would not be playing this summer.

Situation is, that coaches sent a letter home to the team in April, that because not everyone was "ALL IN" there would be no summer team. However, there was only one girl confirmed to not be playing summer ball with them. But the coaches banked totally on this one girl I guess, as Steve says it "their marque player".....so the coaches thanked the girls parents for "shutting it down" because it then gave their daughter a chance to play for the Sluggers. However, the coaches were aware in Sept/Oct that this "marque player" wouldn't be playing this summer! Unfortunately they didn't feel the need to share the news with the rest of the team so everyone else could find summer teams of they wanted their kids to play.

They were not all in in years past either. Maybe the coaches need a break from parents and kids a like. Let's remember one thing they still won 9 th region again this year with out two key players. Steve and Pattie will have what ever girls show up in the spring ready to play and defended there title again.

Brooke hada nice time playing for them I could see how some parents and kids who thought they were bigger then the program would have ahardtomepaying for them. You play where they want you play or you don't.