Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texas executed the wrong man...

Featured Replies

Texas uses the needle? I thought they used have the electric chair, but Gov. Anne Richardson and Bush executed so many people the state got electric bleachers? (Old Jimmie Walker joke...yes that Jimmie Walker)

But yes, sometimes when people say they didn't do it, they are telling the truth. End the death penalty in all states.

With apologies to Ron "Tater Salad" White:

 

My state's got an express lane.

The basics of that case sounds like hundreds of others: case reliant entirely on eye witness accounts, crummy defense, prosecutors incentivized to get convictions instead of the truth. The only thing missing was the "jailhouse snitch" who claims the defendant confessed to the crime in prison in exchange for a reduced sentence.

That is a huge problem with the death penalty.

 

Additionally, depending on where you violate you can be a lot more or less likely to face the death penalty.

 

In short, the death penalty looks good on paper but not in application.

Have I ever mentioned my disdain for the DP?

I saw this on Huffington Post this morning and almost posted it for you, FKYW. I'm glad you came across it also.

I am amazed that the guy who got the death penalty never offered up his friend. He took 'no snitching' to heart and paid for it with his life.

I am amazed that the guy who got the death penalty never offered up his friend. He took 'no snitching' to heart and paid for it with his life.

 

He did give him up, they just didn't believe him. That's how I read it anyway.

Brutal. It's a shame because there are some sick people that deserve the death penalty. Problem is 1 not guilty person being executed makes me realize it has to be eliminated.

Eliminate the DP. It's extremely flawed in its application.

Can anyone read this and say we need the death penalty?
I've always been a defender of the DP but without a huge amount of over haul I don't think it needs to stand.
He did give him up, they just didn't believe him. That's how I read it anyway.

 

I thought he didn't name him. I may have read that wrong.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.