High school LB'er recieves 4.4 million dollar settlement

A San Diego area school has agreed to pay Scott Eveland 4.4 million dollars due to a brain injury caused by playing linebacker on his high school football team. Eveland now 22, has to communicate through a keyboard.

I found this story on facebook, perhaps someone can post a link.

Just something to think about while our KY teams are having their spring practice.

I tore my ACL playing football for my high school. My knee hurts now, I wonder what kind of a settlement I could get for that. I would call Eric Deters and ask him but given his current hardship he would just have to refer me to someone else.....

Kid suffered head injury during a game. Requested to sit out because of vision problems. Athletic trainer told the coach to let him sit. Coach put him back in. Head injury resulted in part of the skull being removed.

Riddell also paid $500k.

I tore my ACL playing football for my high school. My knee hurts now, I wonder what kind of a settlement I could get for that. I would call Eric Deters and ask him but given his current hardship he would just have to refer me to someone else.....

Wow!!! Yeah that's the same. You really aren't serious with this stuff are you?

• 5 weeks later...

It's funny (and sad) how we all tend to hold coaches to a standard that some of them clearly aren't able to meet. I agree with the above post that the school and coach made that decision to the demise of the health of a youngster and deserve whatever they get. I hope the settlement is able to take care of the obvious special needs of this kid.