Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

High school LB'er recieves 4.4 million dollar settlement

Featured Replies

A San Diego area school has agreed to pay Scott Eveland 4.4 million dollars due to a brain injury caused by playing linebacker on his high school football team. Eveland now 22, has to communicate through a keyboard.

I found this story on facebook, perhaps someone can post a link.

 

Just something to think about while our KY teams are having their spring practice.

I tore my ACL playing football for my high school. My knee hurts now, I wonder what kind of a settlement I could get for that. I would call Eric Deters and ask him but given his current hardship he would just have to refer me to someone else.....

Kid suffered head injury during a game. Requested to sit out because of vision problems. Athletic trainer told the coach to let him sit. Coach put him back in. Head injury resulted in part of the skull being removed.

 

Riddell also paid $500k.

I tore my ACL playing football for my high school. My knee hurts now, I wonder what kind of a settlement I could get for that. I would call Eric Deters and ask him but given his current hardship he would just have to refer me to someone else.....

 

Wow!!! Yeah that's the same. You really aren't serious with this stuff are you?

Wow!!! Yeah that's the same. You really aren't serious with this stuff are you?

 

No not even close to being serious.

No not even close to being serious.

 

Weak! Very weak!

Weak! Very weak!

 

 

 

I'm not going to lie I didn't read the article. If there was neglegence by the school(coaches or doctors)then I say he deserves the money, if not then I say he deserves whatever his insurance will give him.

Did the coach lose his job? Was the coach found criminally neglegent? Anyone have a link to the entire story?

Any Coach who playes a player and the Trainer telling him not to, deserves whatever he get's.

Very sad to hear about.. Im sure the player would rather have his health than the $. His family as well.

It's funny (and sad) how we all tend to hold coaches to a standard that some of them clearly aren't able to meet. I agree with the above post that the school and coach made that decision to the demise of the health of a youngster and deserve whatever they get. I hope the settlement is able to take care of the obvious special needs of this kid.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.