King Kelly Coleman Book Release

I got to see the "King", Johnny Cox (Hazard), Freddie Maggard (Carr Creek), and other players from the good ole' days. There were not to many players from the "modern era." J. R. VanHoose was there with some Paintsville players (VanHoose, Slone, Pack, etc.), Danny Adams (former Magoffin Co. coach was there) along with the current Magoffin Co. coach, Betsy Layne's coach was there, and others. I thought it was a great crowd and it was great to see all of those people who you just read about!!!

Yesterday at the Mountain Arts Center in Prestonsburg.

Very good turnout and Kelly was in rare form to say the least.

Great Honor for a legend of Kentucky High School Basketball

I purchased the book and I am already to chapter 9

What do you mean by "in rare form" ?

• 4 months later...
I wish I would have known about this. I would have been a honor to see "King" Kelly in person. I would love to read his book, i think i may purchase it.

Just heard that King Kelly Coleman and Oscar Robinson may be at the Ky/In

all Star game in Bowling Green for a 50 year aniv. from the author Gary West

Just heard that King Kelly Coleman and Oscar Robinson may be at the Ky/In

all Star game in Bowling Green for a 50 year aniv. from the author Gary West

That would be cool. I actually have the 1957 KY/IND program, The Big O is on the front. Pretty cool.

King Kelly was in Owensboro in November to visit his old stomping gounds from his KWC years here. There was a lunch and the author (Gary West) was present along with several of his old team mates from those KWC teams. It was held at the Sportscenter where Kelly continued his "antics" against other teams. He told many stories of his days in Wayland, his high school days and of course his college days here. In the crowd was a grandaughter of the former owner of one of his old "hangouts" which was at the time a area favorite watering hole....Southside Bar and Grill and someone pointed out this grandaughter to him and without missing a beat he said "you may not know this, but I paid your way thru college"....A grear day and a real legend