Where is John hardin in BGP 4a Poll

JD Dog

BGP 4A Poll: Not being a member of this site for long I do understand that after reading many thread replies, some people just don't know talent when they see it. I do understand it is hard to go against the norm, but what does a team that is 6-0 have to do to gain respect in this poll. Should they be punished because there in a small market, school has only been around for 5 years; the last 3 in 4a, or is it because they play as team and have no big name D1 players. Let me know what it takes to open the eyes of high school football guru's around the state, wake up Kentuckians, John Hardin football is here to stay!!! Go Dawgs

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they played anyone? 6-0 means nothing if you play a weak schedule.

BTW, you're speaking of some of the most knowledgeable football people in the state.

Means they have not lost!!!

Which part are you talking about.

Which part are you talking about.

Lets try this again.

Have they played anyone that would be considered a "quality" win?

If no, that answers your initial question of why they aren't in the poll.

Also, you are talking about knowledgeable football people who combine their heads to come up with the BGP poll.

I think you have a legitamite gripe. From the looks of the schedule John Hardin "should" win out for the season. Now what they will do when the playoffs come around will be another story.

I think part of the problem is that no from that district has made any real noise in a while, so the rumblings can get ignored. The posters are the press on this board, and no one will talk about the games they don't see, so if you want people to know about your team make sure you talk about them.

Schedule to date:

beat Seneca at Seneca (1-5)

beat LaRue Co. at home (2-4 / AA)

beat Owensboro at home (3-3)

beat Apollo at home (4-2)

beat South Oldham at S.O. (4-2 / AAA) / we will know more about this victory in a couple of weeks

beat Meade Co. at home (2-4)

One potential quality victory

Schedule to come:

Bullitt Central (2-4) on the road

Nelson Co. (0-6) at home

North Hardin (3-3) on the road

Central Hardin (3-3) at home

If this was Ohio (I am joking, exhale) a 10-0 J.H. team wouldn't make the playoffs with this schedule. I know they are very nice team this year, but they just don't play anyone good enough to be judged fairly in comparison to the Manual's, the Henry Clay's, the Christian Co.'s, etc. Let alone the vaunted Big 3 in Louisville.

I wish them all the best on making a run into the playoffs.

Schedule to date:

beat Seneca at Seneca

beat LaRue Co. at home

beat Owensboro at home

beat Apollo at home

beat South Oldham at S.O. / we will know more about this victory in a couple of weeks

beat Meade Co. at home

Schedule to come:

Nelson Co. (0-6) at home

If this was Ohio (I am joking, exhale) a 10-0 J.H. team wouldn't make the playoffs with this schedule. I know they are very nice team this year, but they just don't play anyone good enough to be judged fairly in comparison to the Manual's, the Henry Clay's, the Christian Co.'s, etc. Let alone the vaunted Big 3 in Louisville.

:thumb: That's what I thought but wasn't familiar with any of those teams except South Oldham. (Who's dropped off the map considerably.)

JD Dog,

Thanks for your spirited interest, good to see somebody who supports their team.

John Hardin has been a solid number 11 in the BGP poll the last few weeks and are knocking on the door to the top ten. They will need a good quality win or somebody ahead of them will have to stumble for them to break into the top ten.

Who do you think they should replace in the top ten and why? Make a case for them, I promise you the guys who vote in the poll will be listening.

Lets try this again.

Have they played anyone that would be considered a "quality" win?

If no, that answers your initial question of why they aren't in the poll.

Also, you are talking about knowledgeable football people who combine their heads to come up with the BGP poll.

Ok tell me who Manual has beat or quality win, JH should not be left out, of the games they played none where close.

Yes I was talking about the knowledbeable football guru's, I do not believe your knowledge covers the whole state. Certain area's of the state very impressive. Please all I'am trying to do is add insight to this site, I understand not many E-towners get on here, most come from the I-75 Beltway.

Ok tell me who Manual has beat or quality win, JH should not be left out, of the games they played none where close.

Yes I was talking about the knowledbeable football guru's, I do not believe your knowledge covers the whole state. Certain area's of the state very impressive. Please all I'am trying to do is add insight to this site, I understand not many E-towners get on here, most come from the I-75 Beltway.

Not arguing here chief, just asking questions. Like I previously stated, I'm not familiar with any of the teams you've played except South Oldham. Keep pleading your case, the collective voice will be heard.

FYI, you don't have to plead your case to me. :thumb:

JD, it is great to see a John Hardin fan come on and support their team. As was said above, we need to get more of your fans on here to give some "love" to your team.

I am relatively sure that John Hardin will finish 10-0, and that is an outstanding accomplishment. However, the fun starts then.

A wise man once said "...respect isn't given, it is earned..." The playoffs will be their chance to earn it. :thumb:

Schedule to date:

beat Seneca at Seneca (1-5)

beat LaRue Co. at home (2-4 / AA)

beat Owensboro at home (3-3)

beat Apollo at home (4-2)

beat South Oldham at S.O. (4-2 / AAA) / we will know more about this victory in a couple of weeks

beat Meade Co. at home (2-4)

Schedule to come:

Nelson Co. (0-6) at home

Agree H.S., usally the district is much tuffer than this year with North Hardin and Meade Co. both very respected programs in the past. The playoffs will be no easy task with the schools in L'ville.

I graduated form one of those Cincy powers in 83 spent the last 22 years in the military.

How about Moeller crashing henderson Co. and they are not even in the top 4 in the city of Cincinnati.

Manual has 3 loses hard to tell me that JH should not be ahead of them.