Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where is John hardin in BGP 4a Poll

Featured Replies

Has Henderson or Manual turns heads with big wins?

I think the respect that Manual has earned from 3 of the top ten teams in the state speaks for itself.

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John should not be a mystery at this point in the season. They are a top 10 team in the state againt the run, top 10 rushing team. Combine them both makes for a deadly team to be dealth with. Henderson has no defense what so ever. Who have they played for a reference point, oh yea Moeller, didn't score until M had there reserves in.

 

Being in the top ten in those categories doesn't automatically qualify you for a top ten ranking in your class, you have to take into account the strength of schedule to make any type of informed ranking.

 

Paintsville is in the top ten in more categories than JH, are they a better team than John Hardin? Would Paintsville be ranked ahead of them if they were in the same class? No, because those stats were racked up against weaker opponents.

  • Author
Being in the top ten in those categories doesn't automatically qualify you for a top ten ranking in your class, you have to take into account the strength of schedule to make any type of informed ranking.

 

Paintsville is in the top ten in more categories than JH, are they a better team than John Hardin? Would Paintsville be ranked ahead of them if they were in the same class? No, because those stats were racked up against weaker opponents.

 

Agreed, rankings means nothing, its all about win and losses John stands at 6-0. Please don't compare apples and oranges.

I agree to an extent, just keep winning and you will be happy no matter where you are ranked.

 

As for the rest of my post, it wasn't apples and oranges. You brought the top ten in stats argument into it by trying to use that to justify ranking JH in the 4A rankings. I was giving an example that being ranked overall in the top ten in stat categories really means nothing as far as how good your team is compared to other teams.

  • Author
I agree to an extent, just keep winning and you will be happy no matter where you are ranked.

 

As for the rest of my post, it wasn't apples and oranges. You brought the top ten in stats argument into it by trying to use that to justify ranking JH in the 4A rankings. I was giving an example that being ranked overall in the top ten in stat categories really means nothing as far as how good your team is compared to other teams.

 

WATUSI was just trying to show John has put up numbers and are winning. I think you agee winning is what matters. Oh by the way really enjoying this site, educational to say the least.

I think the respect that Manual has earned from 3 of the top ten teams in the state speaks for itself.

 

Don't slight your team Ram. 3 of the top four according to this week's poll.

Don't slight your team Ram. 3 of the top four according to this week's poll.

:thumb:

 

I look forward to a rematch, if possible!

John stands at 6-0. Please don't compare apples and oranges.

 

I think you agee winning is what matters.

 

I tell you what. Next year we'll go out and schedule Betsy Layne, Jenkins, Evangel Christian, Berea, Bracken County, etc. and beat up on all the losing teams, and you'd see how you'd feel if our team was in the top ten. It's not how many you win, but who you beat as well. I can't tell if you know this or not, but if you seriously believe that your wins are equal to the wins of some of those teams in the top ten, you're kidding yourself. And you're also kidding yourself if you don't believe that losing to a quality opponent can help you more than beating a patsy. I wish so very much that your team will make it far enough to play Manual, and you'll find out what a real team is like. Enjoy beating up on your weak opponents, and you'll see what happens when you play a St. X, a Male, a Manual, and perhaps even a PRP.

 

 

 

 

BTW, you're speaking of some of the most knowledgeable football people in the state.

 

 

That's what they think anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

Given their schedule, John Hardin is ranked about where they should be ... close to the top 10, but still on the outside looking in. Meade County, Owensboro and Apollo aren't bad teams, but none of those wins make an ironclad case for John Hardin to jump into the top 10.

John Hardin is not by itself in being in the mystery catagory for me. George Rogers Clark is another undefeated 4A team which due to strength of schedule has no reference point to date. At least when GRC plays Madison Central towards the end, I will have some gage on them. However, prior to playoffs, the stiffest competition John Hardin will see is North Hardin, who seems to be struggling some against a much harder schedule.

 

Moreover, as others have already posted, stats are not considered impressive when compiled against so-so opposition. Let's face it, none of us is going to know the true quality of John Hardin until the playoffs. If I were you, JD Dog, I would just bide my time for now under the radar, and wait for the playoffs to reveal the true character of my team. Your weak schedule of teams outside of district competition has prevented you from receiving regular season accolades. Toughen the schedule in future seasons to prevent this from reoccurring. :cool:

  • Author
John Hardin is not by itself in being in the mystery catagory for me. George Rogers Clark is another undefeated 4A team which due to strength of schedule has no reference point to date. At least when GRC plays Madison Central towards the end, I will have some gage on them. However, prior to playoffs, the stiffest competition John Hardin will see is North Hardin, who seems to be struggling some against a much harder schedule.

 

Moreover, as others have already posted, stats are not considered impressive when compiled against so-so opposition. Let's face it, none of us is going to know the true quality of John Hardin until the playoffs. If I were you, JD Dog, I would just bide my time for now under the radar, and wait for the playoffs to reveal the true character of my team. Your weak schedule of teams outside of district competition has prevented you from receiving regular season accolades. Toughen the schedule in future seasons to prevent this from reoccurring. :cool:

 

How true about schedule strength, I have never once said JH had played a tuff schedule. Agreed toughen the schedule will do wonders for the program. I'll take your advive and stay under the radar for now. Just wanted to vent.

Agree H.S., usally the district is much tuffer than this year with North Hardin and Meade Co. both very respected programs in the past. The playoffs will be no easy task with the schools in L'ville.

 

I graduated form one of those Cincy powers in 83 spent the last 22 years in the military.

How about Moeller crashing henderson Co. and they are not even in the top 4 in the city of Cincinnati.

 

Manual has 3 loses hard to tell me that JH should not be ahead of them.

It's like this. I understand what you are saying, but if Manual played the same schedule as John Hardin it is really hard to think that they would not be 6-0. We might well find out if John Hardin can beat Manual in the playoffs, but as of right now JH hasn't played anyone, Manual has played the #1 #3 and #4 teams and lost by a total of 21 points, and they have #2 Male coming up, they dominated the other teams they have played. John Hardin hasn't played those caliber of teams.
How true about schedule strength, I have never once said JH had played a tuff schedule. Agreed toughen the schedule will do wonders for the program. I'll take your advive and stay under the radar for now. Just wanted to vent.

 

JD Dog, your venting is absolutely no problem to me. I welcome your viewpoints in the presentation of John Hardin's case. In the preseason and actually throughout this season, I have felt that John Hardin probably had a very good team; but I have no ammunition at this point to support my feelings. If they win the district against North Hardin, then I fully expect them to have a 50/50 shot at beating PRP or Butler in the 1st round of the playoffs. If they don't win the district, then I only give them a 1 in 10 shot at beating St. X., Male or Manual in the first round. If John Hardin can survive through the first two playoff rounds, then I believe you have made your point. :thumb:

 

Thanks again for your comments on a team which is underrepresented on BGP. The more you can tell us about your team, the more we will understand, and the mystery tag may be removed. :ylsuper:

It's like this. I understand what you are saying, but if Manual played the same schedule as John Hardin it is really hard to think that they would not be 6-0. We might well find out if John Hardin can beat Manual in the playoffs, but as of right now JH hasn't played anyone, Manual has played the #1 #3 and #4 teams and lost by a total of 21 points, and they have #2 Male coming up, they dominated the other teams they have played. John Hardin hasn't played those caliber of teams.

 

Ram, you have very few people you need to convince. You have gone toe-to-toe with the best and barely lost three split decisions. The only thing the Crimsons seem to be lacking is luck and the avoidance of one critical mistake per big game. :thumb:

 

Once again, I'm happy it's you suffering with this dilema and not me. My famly picnics will once again be as enjoyable as they have been for the past decade. :D

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.