Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where is John hardin in BGP 4a Poll

Featured Replies

  • Author
Have you seen their speed? My cardinals were off this week and I caught a glimpse of the JH-MC game. Butler and PRP's defensive speed will give the JH offense a lot of trouble. I'm talking specifically about their D-line. It's crazy! I'm sure Coach Brown will have a plan.

 

Can John's speed on defense be the equalizer, are linebackers are very quick especilly the Marcum kid.

 

Knowing Coach he will have a game plan ready, the kids need to excute it.

 

What is up with Nelson, I seen this senior class as freshman tought they was one of the best in the state?

  • Replies 65
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Meade Co. has beaten a highly regarded Butler this year and they lost to Manual 35-16 as compared to a 43-6 loss to John Hardin. There are a lot of good 4A teams, so it is pretty hard to break into the Top 10 in that class, but if you keep winning, it should happen.

 

I thought you were retiring and moving to Tennessee when you left Corbin.

 

D.J. was wanting to come back to Corbin to play football, but jobs there where few and far between. Still love ya'all.

I think JH is getting shorted in the 4A poll as well. They are #5 in Massey 4A, #8 in Litkenhous 4A, and if I remember correctly from looking at this morning's paper, are in the top 10 in the AP poll.

I think JH is getting shorted in the 4A poll as well. They are #5 in Massey 4A, #8 in Litkenhous 4A, and if I remember correctly from looking at this morning's paper, are in the top 10 in the AP poll.

Alright then, go look at the BGP top 10 and tell me who should get dropped. I don't think it's as easy as you seem to think to crack the TOP 10. I would think JH is 11. I have been waiting for someone to stumble to see if they would make it in, but no one has, so who do you see JH taking the place of and why?

Can John's speed on defense be the equalizer, are linebackers are very quick especilly the Marcum kid.

 

Knowing Coach he will have a game plan ready, the kids need to excute it.

 

What is up with Nelson, I seen this senior class as freshman tought they was one of the best in the state?[/quote

 

Meade County forced 7 turnovers vs. Butler and Butler had 9 of 11 defensive starters dehydrated in the second half. I'm not trying to degrade Meade's win, but I think it is a little misleading. I know the starters played the entire game against us and they layed the smack on us.

 

Nelson County has 13 kids that were on the roster last season and good backs with a below average O-line. We'll bounce back.

Alright then, go look at the BGP top 10 and tell me who should get dropped. I don't think it's as easy as you seem to think to crack the TOP 10. I would think JH is 11. I have been waiting for someone to stumble to see if they would make it in, but no one has, so who do you see JH taking the place of and why?

 

I think the only team right now that can be considered to be swapped is Madison Central. They've stayed within their comfort zone, playing no one outside their region thus far, and that's often considered to be a weak region. Lafayette is probably the only win they can hang their hat on right now, and they're 4-3. The other quality team they've faced, Dunbar, they lost to. To me Madison Central is an unknown, just like John Hardin. The real question is if Madison Central loses to Highlands by 10+, do they drop in favor of John Hardin?

I think JH is getting shorted in the 4A poll as well. They are #5 in Massey 4A, #8 in Litkenhous 4A, and if I remember correctly from looking at this morning's paper, are in the top 10 in the AP poll.

 

I think we can all agree that none of those polls get much love on here. Massey at least is a little better than the others. At least you didn't reference the Cantrall ratings. They're practically worthless.

  • Author
I think the only team right now that can be considered to be swapped is Madison Central. They've stayed within their comfort zone, playing no one outside their region thus far, and that's often considered to be a weak region. Lafayette is probably the only win they can hang their hat on right now, and they're 4-3. The other quality team they've faced, Dunbar, they lost to. To me Madison Central is an unknown, just like John Hardin. The real question is if Madison Central loses to Highlands by 10+, do they drop in favor of John Hardin?

 

I believe Henderson Co. is another team that JH could be ahead of there one real game against Cincy Moeller was a blow out. Believe they are rated because on one player the QB. Seen play against North Hardin did not impress me at all. Can't speak about Madison Central have not seen play.

Alright then, go look at the BGP top 10 and tell me who should get dropped. I don't think it's as easy as you seem to think to crack the TOP 10. I would think JH is 11. I have been waiting for someone to stumble to see if they would make it in, but no one has, so who do you see JH taking the place of and why?

 

That's easy. Drop Henderson County. Most of their wins have come against teams that are sub 0.500. Newburgh (IN) Castle is 2-4, Evansville North is 1-6 (a 28-21 win in 2OT), Daviess is 1-6, Tilghman is 3-3, North Hardin is 3-3, and Grayson Co is 2-5. To have this team at #6 in KY 4A is a joke. Hendo would absolutely have their heads handed to them by Manual and probably by Dunbar.

I think we can all agree that none of those polls get much love on here. Massey at least is a little better than the others. At least you didn't reference the Cantrall ratings. They're practically worthless.
I'd take Cantrall over Massey, which has looked really shaky the last couple of weeks.
That's easy. Drop Henderson County. Most of their wins have come against teams that are sub 0.500. Newburgh (IN) Castle is 2-4, Evansville North is 1-6 (a 28-21 win in 2OT), Daviess is 1-6, Tilghman is 3-3, North Hardin is 3-3, and Grayson Co is 2-5. To have this team at #6 in KY 4A is a joke. Hendo would absolutely have their heads handed to them by Manual and probably by Dunbar.

 

 

I don't agree with you on this, H. In Fiddler and Lamar, Henderson Co. has arguably the best QB and WR in Kentucky. Both were BGP All-State last season. Manual's biggest defensive weakness is against the pass, which was obvious in their loss to trinity. Henderson at #6 and Manual at #7 looks right to me at this stage.

 

In regards to John Hardin, they are a mystery team to me. There are no challenging teams on their schedule, so they have no point of reference, either positive or negative. As others have already noted, I would probably place them at #11 for now because I do not see a team currently in the Top 10 that I could eliminate in their favor. My current feeling is that every team ranked above them would beat them. :cool:

I don't agree with you on this, H. In Fiddler and Lamar, Henderson Co. has arguably the best QB and WR in Kentucky. Both were BGP All-State last season. Manual's biggest defensive weakness is against the pass, which was obvious in their loss to trinity. Henderson at #6 and Manual at #7 looks right to me at this stage.

 

In regards to John Hardin, they are a mystery team to me. There are no challenging teams on their schedule, so they have no point of reference, either positive or negative. As others have already noted, I would probably place them at #11 for now because I do not see a team currently in the Top 10 that I could eliminate in their favor. My current feeling is that every team ranked above them would beat them. :cool:

You read my mind, OX. :thumb:

  • Author
I don't agree with you on this, H. In Fiddler and Lamar, Henderson Co. has arguably the best QB and WR in Kentucky. Both were BGP All-State last season. Manual's biggest defensive weakness is against the pass, which was obvious in their loss to trinity. Henderson at #6 and Manual at #7 looks right to me at this stage.

 

In regards to John Hardin, they are a mystery team to me. There are no challenging teams on their schedule, so they have no point of reference, either positive or negative. As others have already noted, I would probably place them at #11 for now because I do not see a team currently in the Top 10 that I could eliminate in their favor. My current feeling is that every team ranked above them would beat them. :cool:

 

John should not be a mystery at this point in the season. They are a top 10 team in the state againt the run, top 10 rushing team. Combine them both makes for a deadly team to be dealth with. Henderson has no defense what so ever. Who have they played for a reference point, oh yea Moeller, didn't score until M had there reserves in.

I think John Hardin is exactley where they belong. Out of the top 10. They haven't turned heads enough yet. They may be undefeated, but that can be credited to scheduling. Give them a little more time and they may earn their way in it.

  • Author
I think John Hardin is exactley where they belong. Out of the top 10. They haven't turned heads enough yet. They may be undefeated, but that can be credited to scheduling. Give them a little more time and they may earn their way in it.

 

Has Henderson or Manual turns heads with big wins?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.