Thaddeus Moss Question

The Double Deuce

Given this young man's connection to NKY, why aren't more people around here all-in for LSU to support Thaddeus? Usually KY, especially NKYians, are quick to support programs with their kids involved, but it doesn't seem to have resonated with LSU Football.

I see more tweets / posts / gear / support for Belmont Basketball and Iowa Basketball, for Kunk and CJ, than I do for LSU Football, who is on the verge of a National Championship.

I like Thad and will be cheering for him to get that ring. In some ways it feels like he’s quietly at LSU? I wonder if the transfer confused anyone.

Could be. I admittedly lost track of him when he left Boone Co. / NKY, and then when I saw a Thaddeus Moss at TE for LSU I checked to see if it was the same one (couldn't be two guys named Thaddeus Moss, but had to check).

Moss really didn’t play high school ball long enough in NKY. Add that to the transfer and not really playing college ball his first two years, I think there was too much time for people to lose track of him.

All fair, however, now that people know who he is and where he is, do you think most are giving him the same NKY support we typically do? No right or wrong answer, just wondering.

All fair, however, now that people know who he is and where he is, do you think most are giving him the same NKY support we typically do? No right or wrong answer, just wondering.

No, I don’t think he gets a lot of NKY support. Not because he isn’t good or not worthy of it. I look him up every now and then, mostly because my oldest son played youth football against him. But he hasn’t been in NKY for what, 6 or 7 years? He never made a real impact at the high school level, and what little time he spent here, he played on a bad team. I’d be willing to bet most don’t realize who he was, or tha he even spent any time here.

No, I don’t think he gets a lot of NKY support. Not because he isn’t good or not worthy of it. I look him up every now and then, mostly because my oldest son played youth football against him. But he hasn’t been in NKY for what, 6 or 7 years? He never made a real impact at the high school level, and what little time he spent here, he played on a bad team. I’d be willing to bet most don’t realize who he was, or tha he even spent any time here.

All good and fair points.

I agree with all this.

He caught 12 passes for 157 yards and 2 TD's as a freshman for Boone County in 2012. That is the level of his impact on N. Ky. football and it was 7 years ago. Even now I bet there will be a lot who will watch the championship game and not realize he plays for LSU, nor know that he actually got some varsity football minutes at Boone County. I doubt there will be one word said in the broadcast about a N. Ky. connection with Thad. I doubt there will even be anything in the local media about Moss.

I agree with all this.

He caught 12 passes for 157 yards and 2 TD's as a freshman for Boone County in 2012. That is the level of his impact on N. Ky. football and it was 7 years ago. Even now I bet there will be a lot who will watch the championship game and not realize he plays for LSU, nor know that he actually got some varsity football minutes at Boone County. I doubt there will be one word said in the broadcast about a N. Ky. connection with Thad. I doubt there will even be anything in the local media about Moss.

Not disagreeing with any of that, just wondered what the hardcore NKY sports fans (this site's audience) personally felt about it.

I can remember reading on here when he played for the Rebels. I also was about to goggle him but they put the camera on Randy in the stands. I think most hard core NKY fans (even those who have lived in Pa. the last 40 years) remember his sister's hoops skills with a higher degree of clarity.