GJ Smith Classic at South Laurel (Nov. 29th and 30th)

There are some great matchups, players and teams in this first class event.

Nov. 29th

1:30 Mercer Co. vs. Barbourville

3:00 Mccreary Central vs. Pineville

4:30 Harlan Co. vs. Christian Co.

6:00 Garrard Co. vs. Harlan IND.

7:30 North Laurel vs. Henry Clay

Nov. 30th

12:00 Buckhorn vs. Lynn Camp

1:30 LCA vs. Rockcastle Co.

3:00 Madison Southern vs. Russell Co.

4:30 Tates Creek vs. Somerset

6:00 Madison Central vs. Montgomery Co.

7:30 South Laurel vs. Frankfort

9:00 Bell Co. vs. Breathitt Co.

Which matchups do you like?

Akal for 49?? Wow that kid took it to them. Garrard is suppose to be strong in the front court. That’s impressive this early vs Sebastian & the Lions!

Strong in the front court is perhaps a stretch. Sebastian is terrific but plays more back court with this team. The front court has size but no significant experience.

I heard Jordan Akal has 49 points for Harlan Independent in a win over Garrard County.

I’d love to know how Mercer County did and how the Henry Clay/North Laurel game went.

Mercer got beat by 1 I think. Their defense and rebounding looked pretty bad. They were without starting PG Jamisen Lewis. Drakeford had a big game scoring wise.

Akal for 49?? Wow that kid took it to them. Garrard is suppose to be strong in the front court. That’s impressive this early vs Sebastian & the Lions!

Akal is a beast. He’s as a legit scoring combo guard that there is in 2022 class. Garrard is mixing in a bunch a of young guys fresh off football field. They will be fine. Mercer lost by 1, but was without key players. North Laurel beat Henry Clay by 12 I believe. Reed Sheppard has grown several inches, and will be premier guard in the state. They also return virtually there whole team.