GOREDDEVILS

Who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comets have had one of their best seasons ever but like East not quite in the same class as the Ashland and Russell’s.

“Class” can be an advantage either way in a football game. It is my greatest hope that both teams leave healthy for future playoffs games where on paper they will both be “outclassed.”

This might be West's best team in a long time, but the same could also be said for Russell. Both defenses have been playing at a high level this season. The Comets have been more diverse on offense, but no one's been able to shut down Russell's bread and butter running game. They've essentially been running the same few plays over and over every week.

This game will be a good RPI pickup for the winner, especially if it's West that comes out on top. Does anyone know if Cline is 100%? When healthy, he's a handful to deal with. If he's not, I can't see West getting over the hump against Russell.

It should be dry but cold tomorrow night. I'll take Russell's defense and ground and pound running game by a few scores.

Russell hasn't really had any letdowns this season. Even if they haven't been at their best every week, they've at least played hard and been engaged against every opponent so far. Even in their two losses, they played well enough to win against really good teams. This late season stretch heading into the playoffs has been more challenging than they've been accustomed to in recent years. It's especially important to be well prepared and ready to put their best foot forward versus every opponent at this late stage. Tonight is another opportunity to get better and enter the playoffs on a high note.