Breathitt County 35 Morgan County 6

Exactly. They've not played anyone. Really wished they would play Belfry or Hazard every season.

Their program hasn't really been in the place to schedule a Belfry or a Hazard in recent years. And while they are good this season, remember they were district champions last season and only beat 4th-seeded, 1-10 McCreary Central, 7-6 in the first round of the playoffs. While their schedule is easy to knock it actually makes quite a bit of sense based on recent results with their program.

Another B.C. win. Will this lead to more talk of them being overrated?

Is there anything in this win that should stop overrated talk? They beat a team that wanted a running clock before the game even started. They have the worst strength of schedule of all 2A teams by a wide margin.

Looking ahead, the overrated question is going to be a legitimate and fair question all season. Only in the last game of the year do they play a team they should not blow out.

Edited by Voice of Reason

Said it last week and I’ll say it again.

This same talk has gone it seems like each year they’ve won it all, beginning in ‘95.

I have no idea if they will win it or even be there this year, but I know I’m pulling for them.

If you keep playing crap schedules, it will keep happening. It is something you will just have to learn to live with.

This same talk has gone it seems like each year they’ve won it all, beginning in ‘95.

I have no idea if they will win it or even be there this year, but I know I’m pulling for them.

Do you have a clue of how/when scheduling(s) happens?

The same way it has been since 1995?

1995 surprised many but there were several years when Breathitt was widely considered among the best in the state. Acting like they’ve been disrespected annually is revisionist history that distorts the quality of great teams like 2002.

1995 surprised many but there were several years when Breathitt was widely considered among the best in the state. Acting like they’ve been disrespected annually is revisionist history that distorts the quality of great teams like 2002.

I should have clarified! I meant that as each year that they won it or were really good. Seems like they heard the same in 96, 02 and even the years they made a run for a state title appearance and fell short.

Agreed. I made the same point earlier. Your schedule is made to benefit your program.

While scheduling is done in advance I still have no idea why they played Jenkins.

That one is the really the only head scratcher for me. Only thing I can think of is maybe both had a late cancellation for that same week?