Breathitt County 35 Morgan County 6

Agreed. I made the same point earlier. Your schedule is made to benefit your program.

While scheduling is done in advance I still have no idea why they played Jenkins.

And no idea why they played Magoffin Co, Knott Co Central?

Said it last week and I’ll say it again.

This same talk has gone it seems like each year they’ve won it all, beginning in ‘95.

I have no idea if they will win it or even be there this year, but I know I’m pulling for them.

To be fair, this schedule is nowhere near what they have played in the past.

People may have questioned Breathitt those years for not playing great teams, but Breathitt did at least play "good" teams. For example in 2002 they played North Hardin, Harrison County, and Hazard.

This schedule is literally one of the weakest in the entire state regardless of class.

There is literally not a single team in the Top 10 of 2A that shouldn't go undefeated if they flipped schedules.

Literally, there are probably 20+ 1A teams with a harder strength of schedule. It is also backed up by playing in arguably the second weakest 2A District.

It doesn't take away the fact that Breathitt has rolled exactly as you would hope, but let's also not act like this isn't an exception.

Edited by ATLCat

And no idea why they played Magoffin Co, Knott Co Central?

Like I said previously, most schedules are made a couple of years ahead of time. Breathitt really struggled for several seasons. Even last year when they won their district they were far from good. So you schedule Magoffin and Knott, two all sport rivals you share a border with. I have no problem with that.

Then what happens? An all state running back moves in. Other transfers arrive. The new 2A district is basically cake.

So it all worked out about as expected except the arrival of a stud back. Follow up question: will Breathitt be good next year? This schedule people are complaining about this year might be necessary in 2020..

Like I said previously, most schedules are made a couple of years ahead of time. Breathitt really struggled for several seasons. Even last year when they won their district they were far from good. So you schedule Magoffin and Knott, two all sport rivals you share a border with. I have no problem with that.

Then what happens? An all state running back moves in. Other transfers arrive. The new 2A district is basically cake.

So it all worked out about as expected except the arrival of a stud back. Follow up question: will Breathitt be good next year? This schedule people are complaining about this year might be necessary in 2020..

Breathitt Co in their weakest seasons ever , still shouldn’t be playing Jenkins, Magoffin Co, or Knott Co unless involved in district play.