Kentucky 3 Alabama 2 (13 innings) (Softball)

GOREDDEVILS

• 5 months later...

I think that it's notable that the Alabama losing pitcher was Grayson, Kentucky's Montana Fouts a East Carter alumni. She was a freshman pitcher for the Crimson Tide. She pitched 10.2 innings in relief giving up 1 run on 5 hits, 4 walks and 7 strike outs. Oh, she was invited to the USA Olympic softball tryouts which are currently going in Oklahoma City. I believe announcements will be made tomorrow.

Edited by addout

I think that it's notable that the Alabama losing pitcher was Grayson, Kentucky's Montana Fouts a East Carter alumni. She was a freshman pitcher for the Crimson Tide. She pitched 10.2 innings in relief giving up 1 run on 5 hits, 4 walks and 7 strike outs. Oh, she was invited to the USA Olympic softball tryouts which are currently going in Oklahoma City. I believe announcements will be made tomorrow.

It will be interesting to know what Ken Eriksen and company thinks of her.

• 4 weeks later...
She has excellent High School, College, SEC, National and international credentials.

I'm afraid there was too much veteran experience for her to overcome. Only 3 members, of the 15 person roster, still play college ball, 2 from UCLA, 1 from Arizona. All 3 are due to graduate this spring. The oldest member of the 2020 Olympic team is Cat Osterman, Texas 2006.

USA Softball 2020 Olympic Team

I'm afraid there was too much veteran experience for her to overcome. Only 3 members, of the 15 person roster, still play college ball, 2 from UCLA, 1 from Arizona. All 3 are due to graduate this spring. The oldest member of the 2020 Olympic team is Cat Osterman, Texas 2006.

USA Softball 2020 Olympic Team

Dang, I was hoping she could make the team. Maybe she can make it in the future.

• 1 year later...

I bet they are kicking themselves now for not picking her for the Olympic team because  Montana Fouts threw a perfect game on Friday night, the fifth ever in Women's College World Series history and the first since 2000.  She did it against UCLA & on her 21st birthday.

• Like 2