9/13 at Rowan County

9/20 vs. East Carter

9/27 at Russell

10/4 vs. Powell County (District)

10/11 at Mason County (District)

10/18 at Pendleton County (District)

10/25 vs. Lewis County (District)

11/1 vs. Harrison County

@Pick-six, any idea how they'll fare against that schedule? I have no idea what to expect from Fleming next season. At first glance, that district looks very winnable.

I think they will be improved from last year. They started several young kids, or played several young kids, last season. They will return 8 starters on each side of the ball.

Their district looks much different with Russell, Bath and West Carter gone. Fleming beat Mason, Lewis and Pendleton last season (which was considered a down year) and return more than them. Powell is kind of a wild card to me. I don’t know a lot about them. I know they made a good run 2 years ago and will graduate a stud running back this spring.

With what they return and with some quality young kids moving up to varsity, I think they will be much improved from last season. The key will be turnovers. This season they turned it over a ton and didn’t force many. If they get that in check, I look for them to have a good year.

Powell is kind of a wild card to me. I don’t know a lot about them.

Despite the difference in records, I'm not sure that much separated Powell and Fleming last year. Both teams lost big to Bath and won close games over West Carter.

When you take everything into account, I think winning the district is a very attainable goal.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...