Northern Kentucky 97 Detroit Mercy 65

MJAlltheWay24

NKU destroyed Detroit last night. NKU did have five players in double digits, led by Drew McDonald who had 20 points. The Norse has a very impressive 33 assists.

McDonald grabbed his 1,000 career rebound within the first minute of the game. There are only 9 current 9-1 players to accomplish this and only 6 in the 40-year history of the Horizon League (Thanks to @NKUnorseMBB on Twitter)

NKU takes on Oakland tomorrow night at BB&T Arena at 7:00pm. Should be a large and rowdy crowd with it being Homecoming.

Norse are still the top team in the conference, sitting at 9-3 in the Horizon League. 19-6 overall. They are the only team in the conference under 10 losses.

Mike Davis seems to still have anger management issues on his kid absolutely has a green light. No wonder he averages 27 points a game.

I had not seen the kid and obviously he is a talent; however, I was shocked at how small he is. Roster lists him at 6-1, but he visually he looked shorter to me. On top of that he doesn't weigh much. I thought he might be the rare Horizon one and done, but at that size, it is hard to imagine.

Plus other than shoot he didn't do much else. No defense at all and I think the radio guys said he had 4 assists (coupled with quite a few turnovers).

I expected more.

Anyone have any idea what occurred at the very end of the game to cause Mike Davis to start yelling at the fans behind the Detroit bench and scorers table?

The last 25-30 seconds of the game he was turned towards the stands yelling.

He's still a giant horse's rear.

His kid is decent, but is it really an accomplishment to score so many points when you shoot the ball 25-30 times a night?

Anyone have any idea what occurred at the very end of the game to cause Mike Davis to start yelling at the fans behind the Detroit bench and scorers table?

The last 25-30 seconds of the game he was turned towards the stands yelling.

He's still a giant horse's rear.

His kid is decent, but is it really an accomplishment to score so many points when you shoot the ball 25-30 times a night?

Radio guys said that our fans were giving Davis the business and he responded "see you next year". Someone said that Davis responded with see you next year with some added colorful language tacked on.

Radio guys said that our fans were giving Davis the business and he responded "see you next year". Someone said that Davis responded with see you next year with some added colorful language tacked on.

If Davis keeps losing like this, he may not be around next year.

I was sitting in that vicinity, and a few NKU fans should be embarrassed at themselves. If you wouldn't say something to a man's face on the sidewalk, don't yell it at them from a distance. Embarrassing behavior.

The technical that he received for the shoe retrieval when he was behind the play was preposterous, in my opinion.

His kid is under 6', I agree, and he does have the greenest of green lights. Heck, Ethan Snapp had less of a "go sign" when he played for his dad at Newport, and that was the greenest light I'd ever seen.

His kid is under 6', I agree, and he does have the greenest of green lights. Heck, Ethan Snapp had less of a "go sign" when he played for his dad at Newport, and that was the greenest light I'd ever seen.

While their light were as green as they can get, that's an awful comparison. A D-1 coach in a decent conference giving his kid a huge green light vs a tiny school in KY, trying to ensure his kid plays at the next level.

Mike Davis should be embarrassed at the offense he uses. A joke to real college basketball.

While their light were as green as they can get, that's an awful comparison. A D-1 coach in a decent conference giving his kid a huge green light vs a tiny school in KY, trying to ensure his kid plays at the next level.

Mike Davis should be embarrassed at the offense he uses. A joke to real college basketball.

Wow, such vitriol and unnecessary edge. I like Rod and Ethan, I was being flippant, sorry you took it the wrong way.

You're a bit harsh on Mike Davis, he is a fine basketball coach with a better than solid record in his first year of a huge rebuild. He doesn't have a complete roster, so if his offense which so sets you off looks like this next year, feel free to pile on with more over-the-top rants.

Wow, such vitriol and unnecessary edge. I like Rod and Ethan, I was being flippant, sorry you took it the wrong way.

You're a bit harsh on Mike Davis, he is a fine basketball coach with a better than solid record in his first year of a huge rebuild. He doesn't have a complete roster, so if his offense which so sets you off looks like this next year, feel free to pile on with more over-the-top rants.

Vitriol and edge? I just think the guy is a joke and letting your kid come down and just jack up threes as a Division 1 Coach is sad. It's no wonder he's continually taken steps backwards in his career.

Good on NKU for winning. It's great to see in-state programs across the Commonwealth doing great.

I do think Mike Davis will rebuild Detroit. He did a good job at Texas Southern and seems to be working his way back up after he worked his way down post-Indiana.

The technical that he received for the shoe retrieval when he was behind the play was preposterous, in my opinion.

The official took back the T for the shoe when he realized he was wrong. They explained the gaff to Davis and tried to put the ball back in play. Davis wouldn't stop complaining and was making a fool of himself. The officials gave him extra leeway because of their mistake but he just wouldn't stop.

The technical was more than earned.