Covington Catholic at Newport Predictions

Well I know that this one really has my interest. Not sure that I recall the last time the Colonels have played Newport at Newport. :idunno:

Though some players will be missing I think that this game can tell us a lot of just how close the Wildcats are to the Colonels.

Both teams are coming off of fairly successful holiday tourneys only coming up short in their respective championship games to really good teams.

I believe that the Colonels benefited a ton from their holiday tourney experience growing closer as a focused team, and Newport should have also had a nice confidence boost with their overall showing in Lexington.

With this being at Newport that might help them a lot, and I expect high moments with their muscle memory of their court and hoops, but I'm seeing in my mind a super focused Colonel team schooling the Wildcats a bit all said and done.

I'll take the Colonels in this one 69-59.

With that said if Newport proves me wrong more power to them. I always love a competitive 9th full of mystery and surprises.

What you say about this much anticipated game?

No McGuire, no W for Newport.

You could be right, but Newport does have a handful of very decent utility players. This game could really be their chance to step it up, and show that the Wildcats are more than just Miller, Harding, and McGuire.

You could be right, but Newport does have a handful of very decent utility players. This game could really be their chance to step it up, and show that the Wildcats are more than just Miller, Harding, and McGuire.

I won't disagree with you, but hard to replace his size and experience. Yes they do have some decent role players. I'm will be actually pulling for the Wildcats from the stands.