NKY has 5 Teams in Top 20 in Cantrall's First Rankings of Season

Great players in NKY these years. Not really a surprise if you’ve followed girls basketball for awhile. The senior and junior classes around NKY have been loaded since they were young. The current 8th and 9th grades are also looking strong. Seems like several teams have 8th or 9th graders starting JV or playing varsity currently? Dixie, SK, Cooper and NDA are schools that seem to have particularly strong young talent. Would like to hear from others. What 8th graders are out there starting JV and or playing varsity? What 9th graders out there are starting varsity?

I would probably switch #1 and #4. Boyd looks pretty strong, defeating 3 top teams in Lexington for the tourney win as well as winning a Florida tournament. Their lone loss this year came when the 30+ ppg Wheeler was out.

Scott County is off to a good start picking up some out of state tournament wins, but they haven't played any ranked in-state teams yet so we'll see how they stack up soon enough.

Great to see Conner getting some love after picking up a couple of tournament championships over the holidays! They beat several ranked teams and their lone loss this year came at the hands of district rival Ryle.

The Raiders dropped their one loss to Boyd but have defeated 5 of these ranked teams fairly handily (SK twice) plus picked up W's against some top 5 out of state teams.

Rankings are always fun to see, but typically reflect a strong regional slant. It will be interesting to see what CJ rankings show when they start.

Great players in NKY these years. Not really a surprise if you’ve followed girls basketball for awhile. The senior and junior classes around NKY have been loaded since they were young. The current 8th and 9th grades are also looking strong. Seems like several teams have 8th or 9th graders starting JV or playing varsity currently? Dixie, SK, Cooper and NDA are schools that seem to have particularly strong young talent. Would like to hear from others. What 8th graders are out there starting JV and or playing varsity? What 9th graders out there are starting varsity?

In Western Ky I follow the young group pretty close because I have one in 7th grade. Most only play high school after middle school ball is over in January unless their high school team is really weak and they pull a kid away from middle school. That has been very taboo for some reason until recent years. That being said, Tilgman has three 8th graders starting, with one being Destiny Thomas who is averaging about 18 and 10. Really good player who played for Ky premier and will play d1 ball. They have a guard named Diamond Gray who is starting and averaging about 13 a game or so. Like Destiny, her parent played d1 ball. Coached them when they were all little and playing church league rec ball so I love watching these kids develop. We have an 8th grader that will start varsity at Mccracken next year I think, Caroline Sivills, the daughter of Scott who played for Murray State and who’s son is Jackson is a highly rated Junior. She will be a really good player. Marshall county has Dan Halls daughter who is really solid and a few others. Beyond that I really don’t remember any others out west that look like college players in that class, which saddens me a bit.

Ryle will continue to be strong. A ninth grader, Austin Johnson, is the 6th man for top team in the state. 8th grader, Abby Holtman, starts JV and would be a varsity contributor in most programs. Ryle has other middle schoolers contributing at the freshman and JV level as well. The future is bright for the Lady Raiders.

Ryle will continue to be strong. A ninth grader, Austin Johnson, is the 6th man for top team in the state. 8th grader, Abby Holtman, starts JV and would be a varsity contributor in most programs. Ryle has other middle schoolers contributing at the freshman and JV level as well. The future is bright for the Lady Raiders.

Whitney Lind and Kay Friehofer are 8th graders for Cooper varsity and are the two leading points per game players. Lind is averaging over 16 ppg. 9th grader Madelyn Lawson starts varsity at Dixie averaging 8ppg and over 8 rpg. At NDA 9th graders Lacey Bradshaw (11.6 ppg, 6.8rpg) and Macie Feldman (6.7 ppg) are varsity starters. At Simon Kenton, 9th grader Sereniti Webb averaging 5.6 ppg and 4.5 rpg is a varsity starter. These young girls are starting on big schools in one of the strongest basketball areas in the state. Are there other 8th or 9th graders starting varsity or 8th graders in NKY making significant contributions?

Bradshaw-NDA plays up a grade level for Kentucky Storm elite. Feldman-NDA, Lawson-Dixie, Webb-Simon Kenton, Jonhson-Ryle all play AAU for Kentucky Premier under Scott Schwartz. All compete at a high level. NKY looks to have relevance for years to come in Kentucky basketball.

WHOA! The Guru dropping the hammer!

Not really, just enforcing our Terms of Service:

http://bluegrasspreps.com/terms-info.html

1. No advertising in any form (with limited exceptions in the Advertising Forum) or any negative comments about any advertiser.

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have a complaint (or if you have any constructive criticism) you need to send an email to theguru@fuse.net and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the issue. When a moderator warns of possible rule violation or makes a request in a thread, do not ignore the warning/request and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning, ignoring a moderator request or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules may result in your suspension.

14. If you repost or quote content that is against the rules, you are similarly as guilty, and face the identical consequences as the member who originated it.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/terms-info.html

"Bradshaw-NDA plays up a grade level for Kentucky Storm elite. Feldman-NDA, Lawson-Dixie, Webb-Simon Kenton, Jonhson-Ryle all play AAU for Kentucky Premier under Scott Schwartz. All compete at a high level. NKY looks to have relevance for years to come in Kentucky basketball."

Kylie Aytes-NDA and Brynn Thelen-NDA, also play on that same team for Scott Schwartz. NDA freshmen class is loaded.

"Bradshaw-NDA plays up a grade level for Kentucky Storm elite. Feldman-NDA, Lawson-Dixie, Webb-Simon Kenton, Jonhson-Ryle all play AAU for Kentucky Premier under Scott Schwartz. All compete at a high level. NKY looks to have relevance for years to come in Kentucky basketball."

Kylie Aytes-NDA and Brynn Thelen-NDA, also play on that same team for Scott Schwartz. NDA freshmen class is loaded.

Sounds like one heck of a team. They have a lot of success? How do they compare to the rest of the state?

Dave Cantrall’s Rating the State for girls’ high school basketball | Lexington Herald Leader

Rating

1. Scott County (12-0)

2. Ryle (15-1) *

3. Conner (13-1) *

9. Highlands (11-3) *

15. Simon Kenton (7-6) *

18. Scott (8-6) *

Northern Kentucky has been very strong for many years but curious if these teams are all in the same region? If so, that would be brutal because I know the Seventh Region has 4 teams in this ranking and that leaves out Christian Academy which has regularly been ranked in top 12-15 by coaches.

Northern Kentucky has been very strong for many years but curious if these teams are all in the same region? If so, that would be brutal because I know the Seventh Region has 4 teams in this ranking and that leaves out Christian Academy which has regularly been ranked in top 12-15 by coaches.

Scott is in the 10th

Simon Kenton is in the 8th

Ryle, Conner and Highlands are in the 9th.

Ryle and Conner are also in the same District (33rd)

The Whitney Lind girl seems to be one of, if not, the most highly rated recruit in that 8th Grade class from what I have seen. I know she has attended some high level camps in Ohio and was a standout, and I believe she was the "best player" on a really good KY Premier team last summer. The reason I have followed her was because I kept track of Destiny Thomas from Paducah, who was on the same team and is also one of the best 10 or so in her class I would guess. Both are averaging similar numbers in Highschool, as I believe Thomas is averaging around 19 and 10 as an 8th grader. Both are on young teams that are struggling I believe, for now.