Waggener 80 Ballard 74

Exciting game throughout. Ballard led 17-15 after first quarter, but a strong second half by Waggener resulted in Waggener leading 41-32 at halftime. Ballard made up ground early in the third quarter and it was close thereafter. The game was tied 70-70 with a couple minutes left before Waggener outscored Ballard 10-4 the rest of the way to win by 6. Congratulations to Coach O'Neill and the Wildcats on a huge victory.

Not a total box score, but leading scorers:

Waggener -

J. J. Kalakon 28

Nick Brewer 13

Jocobi Hendricks 12

Kevion Hudson 11

Ballard:

Lewis Richards 19

Walter Johnson 17

Smallhoops.....Kalakon is supposed to be a good player. What is the lowdown on him......size, year, position, strengths, possible college player, etc.?

Thanks.

Not a total box score, but leading scorers:

Waggener -

J. J. Kalakon 28

Nick Brewer 13

Jocobi Hendricks 12

Kevion Hudson 11

Ballard:

Lewis Richards 19

Walter Johnson 17

Thanks.

Great to see JJ and Kevion doing well. Great kids.

Smallhoops.....Kalakon is supposed to be a good player. What is the lowdown on him......size, year, position, strengths, possible college player, etc.?

Thanks.

He is a senior. Listed as 6'4", although he might not be quite that tall. Slender. At various times, he plays anywhere on the floor, although I think he fits best as a 2 guard. Very athletic, has a quick first step and can jump out of the gym. Has worked on his outside shooting, and through the first 4 games this year is shooting 44% from 3-point range. One of the things I like most about him is that he plays within Waggener's balanced offensive approach and is a true team player. For example, in Waggener's opening game against Central, he only took 4 shots from the field and scored 5 points. His numbers could be a lot higher if he was interested in pumping up his numbers, but he does not appear to be so interested. I understand that he has some Division I offers (Morehead among them). He seems like a good kid who will continue to get better as a basketball player.