Newport 70 Bishop Brossart 53

I too was impressed with Newport, and had hoped that perhaps we would be the ones causing the Cats problems, but such was not the case.

Makhi McGuire was on fire early, put up 11 points in the first quarter, paving the way for a 13-0 burst from the gate and a 22-10 lead after eight minutes of play..

With 2:40 to play in the half, we had scrapped back to cut the Wildcat lead to seven and draw a Rodney Snapp timeout. We would again gain possession, and when a J.D. Schumacher 3-pointer attempt that would further cut into the lead rimmed out, Newport scored in transition and for all intents and purposes this game was history.

The Cats pushed the lead to 51-36 after three quarters and cruised to the 70-53 NKAC D-II win.

NEWPORT

Nelson - 2

Miller - 21

Daniels - 3

McGuire - 23

Davis - 2

Keating - 2

Harding - 17

BROSSART

Wieland - 2

Schumacher - 8

Schirmer - 15 (3 Charges Taken)

Duffy - 5

Jump - 3

Kremer - 2

E. Eilerman - 15

Smorey - 3

Nwpt......22.....18.....11.....19..........70

BB.........10.....19.......7.....17..........53

What are you fishing for ? Appeared to be a normal basketball game to me.

Not fishing at all. I assume that could have been taken out of context. I just found it odd that people were talking about the happiness of the players, and Harding’s potential playing time. However, according to those stats, it seems all played well together. Glad to hear it. Talented group.