Will Beechwood be the best team Covington Catholic has faced?

Bac2369

Is Beechwood best team Covington Catholic has faced?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Is Beechwood best team Covington Catholic has faced?

Does this mean CovCath plays a weak schedule?

For Cov Cath standards, yes. They usually play an almost suicidal schedule, so to me this looks like a weak schedule for them. Overall I think it is a pretty good schedule for normal standards. They are just missing that big opponent on there like a GCL, Colrain, T, X, Male, SC type of team. I don't know what the Indiana school is like, maybe it is at that level? But they are doing what they are doing well and it is working, it doesn't really matter.

CalPreps currently has CovCath playing the 19th most difficult schedule in the state. That number will rise with upcoming games against Beechwood, Columbus (OH) DeSales, and Indianapolis (IN) Bishop Chatard.

So 19 is based only on who they’ve played so far?

Their schedule has always been challenging. Schedule was in place before they started playing at this level. If it continues you hope to see some changes. But BW might surprise them, you never know. They do have a young quarterback who has been pretty flawless up to this point. Maybe this is the week he makes a few mistakes.

Beechwood should be very focused this week after a tough road loss to Corbin. The keys will be limiting mistakes and not giving up short fields for the Covington Catholic offense to work on.

The offense for BW will have to move the ball and not have the defense on the field all night. Against Corbin they only ran 31 plays compared to over 60 for Corbin. They will have to find a way to contain McGinness and cover the big receivers. Tough task for Beechwood. Hopefully it’s a competitive game and both teams come out healthy.