Will Beechwood be the best team Covington Catholic has faced?

Bac2369

Is Beechwood best team Covington Catholic has faced?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Is Beechwood best team Covington Catholic has faced?

The offense for BW will have to move the ball and not have the defense on the field all night. Against Corbin they only ran 31 plays compared to over 60 for Corbin. They will have to find a way to contain McGinness and cover the big receivers. Tough task for Beechwood. Hopefully it’s a competitive game and both teams come out healthy.

I agree with you. The Beechwood offense is the key to the game for Beechwood. Beechwood needs to have some good drives. If they have 3 and outs, there is not much chance of Beechwood keeping it close.

I also agree about covering Covington Catholic's bigger wide receivers. Last year Covington Catholic's receivers were just too big for Beechwood. The Tiger defensive backs would be in very good coverage and Mayer would just throw the ball high for his big receivers.

Finally, can Beechwood hold their own at the line of scrimmage? The Tigers have size and experience up front with two D1 players. Beechwood needs them to make plays.

For Cov Cath standards, yes. They usually play an almost suicidal schedule, so to me this looks like a weak schedule for them. Overall I think it is a pretty good schedule for normal standards. They are just missing that big opponent on there like a GCL, Colrain, T, X, Male, SC type of team. I don't know what the Indiana school is like, maybe it is at that level? But they are doing what they are doing well and it is working, it doesn't really matter.

I think they went away from scheduling GCL teams because it would get ugly.