Kentucky 91 San Lorenzo de Almagro 68

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The box score I saw said EJ Montgomery only played a few seconds. Is that correct? I didn't take notice during the game and didn't see him injured or anything like that.

The game was already started when I turned it on with scores in single digits but I never saw him play a single second.

Some will try to spin this as nothing special, but this was a dominating win over the three-time champions of Argentina's top-level league for a team that doesn't even know how to play yet.

It's not as significant when you understand that the three time champions were not playing with their core players. Also their last game was in June.

UK played extremely well however and was much more comfortable tonight. This team has all the talent to win a national championship without question.

It's not as significant when you understand that the three time champions were not playing with their core players. Also their last game was in June.

UK played extremely well however and was much more comfortable tonight. This team has all the talent to win a national championship without question.

San Lorenzo played their best players and while they weren't in season form, they are still long time professional players. This is an impressive performance. Kentucky is loaded.

San Lorenzo played their best players and while they weren't in season form, they are still long time professional players. This is an impressive performance. Kentucky is loaded.

Three of their top players did not play. UK is loaded though, correct.

Should they learn to defend then imo this can be a really special team / season. Of course, time will tell. We all have said, heard that before with other teams. Certainly, the potential is there.

Tonight, what I got to see of it due to the power out, was a complete turnaround from last nights game. U.K. stepped it up vs. a much better opponent. Thankfully the shooting was much better tonight. I was really impressed by the play of Richards, Washington and Herro. Those three imo may be the leaders of this team. Q. Green can step in and be a big factor as well.

I saw the interview with coach Barbaree tonight where he said with just the 10 extra practices that "they hadn't worked much on defense.... and it shows". I guess that explains my main concern.