Reds at Mets (8/6-8/8)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know that last outing by Homer was just a fluke. Everything has returned to normal...11 hits, five runs...in 3 1/3 innings.

Two good starts before this one. I will ask this question, how many runs have the Reds scored in his last three outings? I am thinking they can be counted on one hand.

Good to know that last outing by Homer was just a fluke. Everything has returned to normal...11 hits, five runs...in 3 1/3 innings.

Two good starts before this one. I will ask this question, how many runs have the Reds scored in his last three outings? I am thinking they can be counted on one hand.

I am with you JOAT. Two really good starts before this one and he looked very sharp. Control excellent, hitting spots regularly. Did the high pitch counts in those two starts catch up with him? He threw 115 pitches two starts back and 111 pitches in his last start. He seemed to be struggling the last inning of his last start. I think they pushed him too hard. Let's see how he bounces back in his next start.

I am looking at the current Bailey differently. The stats before the last 3 starts are not a factor in where I see Bailey now. The way he threw the ball in his first two starts back up were two of the best starts I have seen all year by any Reds pitcher. Great stuff and even better location. I was out last night so I did not see how he was throwing the ball to be able to say what happened last night. I do know I want to see more of him after those two previous starts and see if he can bring us more of that.