Reds at Tigers (7/31 - 8/1)

Enjoy your day off, Cincinnati! You finished the home stand strong after a rough start to the 2nd half of the season. But now, you go on a nine game road trip beginning with a short interleague 2 game series with Detroit. The Tigers, like the Reds, went 5-5 over their last 10 games. They have nestled into the middle of the AL Central. Let's take two!

Scheduled starters:

7/31 - 7:10 PM - Homer Bailey vs Matthew Boyd

8/1 - 1:10 PM - Sal Romano vs Mike Fiers

What if no one really wants him in a trade? Do you try and resign him. (this is where my post in another thread about a 2 year deal with him comes into play)

I dont see there being a big market for him.

My guess is the FA market will be a lot different than the trade market. He’s not gonna be looking for a two year deal at age 30.

My guess is the FA market will be a lot different than the trade market. He’s not gonna be looking for a two year deal at age 30.

To the bolded I agree with you, but if I am the Reds, I think thats the only thing they should offer him time wise. I would be ok with paying him market money, if it was only a 2 year deal.

I thought it was 1 batter and he induced a DP?

You're right. I remembered that he worked two thirds of an inning. That makes sense that it was one batter hitting into a DP. My point was that on Saturday night, Romano had to warm up as a reliever and come into the game for an appearance. At that time, I speculated that he might have been sent out of the rotation into the bullpen. Then, I saw he was scheduled to start this coming Wednesday afternoon. I think it is a sign of a pitching staff put together with a bit of duct tape.

You're right. I remembered that he worked two thirds of an inning. That makes sense that it was one batter hitting into a DP. My point was that on Saturday night, Romano had to warm up as a reliever and come into the game for an appearance. At that time, I speculated that he might have been sent out of the rotation into the bullpen. Then, I saw he was scheduled to start this coming Wednesday afternoon. I think it is a sign of a pitching staff put together with a bit of duct tape.

Agree. It was odd. Unless that was his regular "throw on the side" day and they decided he'd warm up and pitch a bit if needed and if not needed, just do his regular session. Given Riggleman's quick hook, bullpen needs all the help it can get.