2018 NKY Youth Football

BrosefStalin

The majority of the NKYFL kicks off its 60th season this evening. Wanted to take a moment to wish all organizations, coaches, supporting staff and players a fun filled, successful year. But more importantly, to thank the MANY men and women who work their tails off to make this happen.

Anxious to hear who are the teams and players to watch this year? I know the River City Ducks organization (the result of Bellevue/Dayton merging) will be one to watch for sure this season.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve heard mixed stories about the Ft Thomas teams participating in the NKYFL. What is the deal with the Ft Thomas Junior League teams? Are they now officially part of NKYFL or just playing some games? Do the games count on official NKYFL records and league standings? Will the Ft Thomas teams be eligible for NKYFL post season? If anyone can clarify, I would appreciate it. Thanks

I’ve heard mixed stories about the Ft Thomas teams participating in the NKYFL. What is the deal with the Ft Thomas Junior League teams? Are they now officially part of NKYFL or just playing some games? Do the games count on official NKYFL records and league standings? Will the Ft Thomas teams be eligible for NKYFL post season? If anyone can clarify, I would appreciate it. Thanks

i believe just some games.

Fort Thomas is being recognized this year as a member of the NKYFL. They will pay league fees and have voting rights within the league. They will however have a modified schedule as both sides are still working together to align teams / rules better for scheduling.

For this season Fort Thomas will play a full slate of NKYFL games each week. (Starters, midget youth, midgets, junior youth, juniors). They will just rotate weekly which FTJFL plays in that slot. At season end FTJFL will hold their own inner league playoff, their champion will be eligible to compete in the NKYFL post season. Their starts will also compete in the starter bowl (Tiger Bowl).

Overall the progress and partnership between both leagues has been great these last couple years. Growing pains like anything else. But like adding Boone & Cooper to the NKYFL it is working itself out. Which I think is great for NKY football as a whole.

Fort Thomas is being recognized this year as a member of the NKYFL. They will pay league fees and have voting rights within the league. They will however have a modified schedule as both sides are still working together to align teams / rules better for scheduling.

For this season Fort Thomas will play a full slate of NKYFL games each week. (Starters, midget youth, midgets, junior youth, juniors). They will just rotate weekly which FTJFL plays in that slot. At season end FTJFL will hold their own inner league playoff, their champion will be eligible to compete in the NKYFL post season. Their starts will also compete in the starter bowl (Tiger Bowl).

Overall the progress and partnership between both leagues has been great these last couple years. Growing pains like anything else. But like adding Boone & Cooper to the NKYFL it is working itself out. Which I think is great for NKY football as a whole.

Great to here that.