Mason County 74 Bracken County 42 (39th District Championship)

Final from The Fieldhouse. Mason started with a 19-5 lead, Bracken scored the final 5 points of the quarter. Mason Led 32-22 at intermission. The Polar Bear bigs were efficient inside, and the home crowd was restless.

You knew something was wrong when a gurney was taken to the Mason County locker room. Turns out that Jaylen Lofton (who had 11 at halftime) sliced his hand opening a window in the locker room. You could tell in the postgame interview that Coach Biggs was upset. He hadn't returned to the facility at the time of the radio show.

So the Royals played the entire third quarter with a lineup that featured one starter (Leevi Dunaway) from game one of the season. Bracken opened with a three, but Mason went on a 16-2 run and didn't look back. Malcolm Devine caught fire and scored 12 in the third quarter on his way to a career-high 29 and the Royals eventually got the game to a running clock with a couple of minutes to play. Dunaway with 14 and Lofton with the aforementioned 11. Deaton and one of the Fishers (my apologies for not remembering which one) each with 10 for the Bears.

Bittersweet win, for sure. Mason improves to 17-13, while Bracken drops to 5-24.

Congratulations Mason County on a HUGE win. With no Lofton the 2nd half and no Perkins. Also got that running clock I predicted.

Hope Jaylen Lofton's hand heals well.

Really hoped that BC smelled blood in the water after half with no big man( Perkins) and Lofton going out in the second half, but instead in the end it looked like they were content with beating St. Patrick and settling for the check for going to the Regional Tournament. Very disappointed in the margin of loss in this one.

Edited by All In

Really hoped that BC tasted blood in the water after half with no big man( Perkins) and Lofton going out in the second half, but instead in the end it looked like they were content with beating St. Patrick and settling for the check for going to the Regional Tournament. Very disappointed in the margin of loss in this one.

Glad they're enjoying the "win"* and trip to the 10th Regional Tournament. As for spending that big check, bc should spend it wisely. That is if bc has any left after their District expenses. I imagine you were disappointed with a loss big enough to start a running clock. :thumb:

Bracken should take their thumping because they didn't deserve to be there in the first place. I was at the St. Pat and Bracken game with all the antics that took place during and at the conclusion of the game!You want to talk about poor winners, when a Bracken player punched a St. Pat player at the end of game and NO saw that, but they knew there were exactly .2 on the clock.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

Bracken should take their thumping because they didn't deserve to be there in the first place. I was at the St. Pat and Bracken game with all the antics that took place during and at the conclusion of the game!You want to talk about poor winners, when a Bracken player punched a St. Pat player at the end of game and NO saw that, but they knew there were exactly .2 on the clock.

While listening on WFTM they said a Bracken player went after a St. Pat player after the horn. Is this what happened?

Edited by True blue (and gold)

I have watched Evan Dennison video over and over on the final play of regulation, where did this occur.

You'll have to call WFTM. I was on the side where on BC's last possession in regulation brought the ball down on the right side, drove the baseline, stepped out of bounds in front of the referee and continued to left side with a pass and a shot that missed. And the horn blew and clock was zero. I looked at my DIL and asked if she saw the blue shoe was over? Since then I have studied the picture that shows it so plainly. I can't import anything, it isn't Evan's picture but it is all over Twitter if you look for it.. Maybe Evan has shown it I haven't looked, I had tried to stay off SM and did on Wednesday. Didn't work, I love sports too much.

You'll have to call WFTM. I was on the side where on BC's last possession in regulation brought the ball down on the right side, drove the baseline, stepped out of bounds in front of the referee and continued to left side with a pass and a shot that missed. And the horn blew and clock was zero. I looked at my DIL and asked if she saw the blue shoe was over? Since then I have studied the picture that shows it so plainly. I can't import anything, it isn't Evan's picture but it is all over Twitter if you look for it.. Maybe Evan has shown it I haven't looked, I had tried to stay off SM and did on Wednesday. Didn't work, I love sports too much.

Yes i have seen the picture of the foot being out of bounds, Hoosier said a Bracken player punched a St.Pat player on the last play of regulation thats what I'm looking for.

Yes i have seen the picture of the foot being out of bounds, Hoosier said a Bracken player punched a St.Pat player on the last play of regulation thats what I'm looking for.

And it was heard on WFTM's coverage of the game. I don't know your players by name. If you saw the foot, you now KNOW the ball was St.Patrick's possession after that turnover that also wasn't called..

So now your beef is with the officials? I agree that it was a blatant missed call. But that doesn’t fall on the BC team. That’s on the poor officiating crew we had for the district tournament this year. They was bad all the way around. Not just for us. But for every team

If this years district tournament doesn’t show why seeding is crucial for the betterment of the district tournament I don’t know what will. This game should have been the first round game with Mason being the 1 seed and Bracken being the 4 seed. St Pat and Augusta should have played each other as the 2/3 seeds. Yeah I know it was to our advantage this season but that doesn’t change the fact that seeding is the way to go!!

It was yet again a 2-2 vote this season and for all the upset Patties this should be your wake up call. Get your administrators on board and do the right thing next year.

I’m happy for the 38th. At least they got it right for the future.