Lent 2018

My wife and I are doing "Best Lent Ever" from Matthew Kelly at Dynamic Catholic. When you sign up, you get an email every day for the Lenten period that has a 4-5 minute video. Very nice. We are also reading his book "Perfectly Yourself" which is the theme of this year's series. This is still time to sign up and get caught up.

Best Lent Ever | Dynamic Catholic

• 2 weeks later...

My scripture reading for today:

Mark 10:1-16 New International Version (NIV)

1 Jesus then left that place and went into the region of Judea and across the Jordan. Again crowds of people came to him, and as was his custom, he taught them.

2 Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?”

3 “What did Moses command you?” he replied.

4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.”

5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

My scripture reading for today:

Mark 10:1-16 New International Version (NIV)

13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

Thanks for sharing this kygirl. This is one of my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was an interesting take. The author changes her behavior, with unexpected and gratifying results.

"I gave up nagging my husband for lent and got the partnership I always wanted" - Peggy Wehmeyer

I gave up nagging my husband for Lent and got the partnership I always wanted | Commentary | Dallas News

Note to self, "How will my faith be put into action today?"

Edited by Runcible Owl