Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lent 2018

Featured Replies

Any thoughts or goals?

 

I’m going to try to improve Mass attendance, and the cliché (but sincere) goal of kindness and giving up coffee and sweets.

I’m with you on doing better with getting to mass. Big one for me during the 40 days.

The priest in Mayslick is doing a weekly meeting on Thursday evenings about prayer to go along with Lent. I missed the first week with the flu, but I'm hoping to make the rest of those along with Mass every Sunday.

My wife and I are doing "Best Lent Ever" from Matthew Kelly at Dynamic Catholic. When you sign up, you get an email every day for the Lenten period that has a 4-5 minute video. Very nice. We are also reading his book "Perfectly Yourself" which is the theme of this year's series. This is still time to sign up and get caught up.

 

Best Lent Ever | Dynamic Catholic

I'm reading daily scripture during Lent from the Gospel of Mark then after I pray a prayer of thanks.

I'm reading daily scripture during Lent from the Gospel of Mark then after I pray a prayer of thanks.

 

I've been reading this same Gospel.

I've been reading this same Gospel.

My Pastor inserts daily scripture readings in the bulletin which has really helped me during Lent.

My scripture reading for today:

 

Mark 10:1-16 New International Version (NIV)

 

1 Jesus then left that place and went into the region of Judea and across the Jordan. Again crowds of people came to him, and as was his custom, he taught them.

 

2 Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?”

 

3 “What did Moses command you?” he replied.

 

4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away.”

 

5 “It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6 “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’[a] 7 ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8 and the two will become one flesh.’[c] So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

 

10 When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

 

13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

My scripture reading for today:

 

Mark 10:1-16 New International Version (NIV)

 

13 People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

 

Thanks for sharing this kygirl. This is one of my favorites.

I thought this was an interesting take. The author changes her behavior, with unexpected and gratifying results.

 

"I gave up nagging my husband for lent and got the partnership I always wanted" - Peggy Wehmeyer

I gave up nagging my husband for Lent and got the partnership I always wanted | Commentary | Dallas News

 

Note to self, "How will my faith be put into action today?"

Edited by Runcible Owl

  • Author

Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?

Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?

 

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

  • Author
"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

 

Mark’s Passion is especially sobering/sad – I’ll be glad when it’s Easter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.