38th District Draw Results:

Short-term would be because of the girls team.

Long-term it makes sense too.

Nicholas girls have been to region often under the current format and will go again this year barring a major upset. Not sure going to seeding is as advantageous as people think. Of course, time will tell.

As far as the boys, the only reason could be as mentioned earlier money. As I mentioned before, I find that to be a sad admission.

Good luck to all the teams going forward.

With that lineup and youth, they could easily be the #1 seed for awhile is why it seemed strange to me

Not just about boys hoops. Girls B-ball, baseball, softball, volleyball.

Seeding isn’t, in their view, advantageous in any of those.

Harrison’s girls have a bright future as do the girls at Nicholas so I fully understand the girls idea to seed. As far as the boys, it don’t have to do with money even though that’s what Devil fans will say and I would if I was in their shoes as well. Nicholas and Robertson have always been tied at the hip in this district and that string broke today. Coach Botner must feel good about his future and I’m pretty sure the Blue Jackets have finally found some longevity in that position which is a plus. Karma smiled on Nicholas Co. today with the double draw keeping their boys away from PC and girls away from HC. As a sports fan seeding is the way to go, just hope it was the correct decision for our student-athletes. Obviously the draws from the past didn’t work for the Blue Jackets, so hopefully seeding will. Only time will tell! Good luck to everyone and Go Jackets!!!!

Harrison’s girls have a bright future as do the girls at Nicholas so I fully understand the girls idea to seed. As far as the boys, it don’t have to do with money even though that’s what Devil fans will say and I would if I was in their shoes as well. Nicholas and Robertson have always been tied at the hip in this district and that string broke today. Coach Botner must feel good about his future and I’m pretty sure the Blue Jackets have finally found some longevity in that position which is a plus. Karma smiled on Nicholas Co. today with the double draw keeping their boys away from PC and girls away from HC. As a sports fan seeding is the way to go, just hope it was the correct decision for our student-athletes. Obviously the draws from the past didn’t work for the Blue Jackets, so hopefully seeding will. Only time will tell! Good luck to everyone and Go Jackets!!!!

The draw has worked out well numerous times for the Nicholas boys. They just haven't been able to take advantage like their girls have.

I wouldn't call it karma as far as how the draw worked out well for them today. I would call it irony.

The Devils got it done against a very good Paris team in the All A, here's to hoping they can do the same against Pendleton.

Good luck to Nicholas against Harrison as well.

I have it on good authority, that money was the reason behind Nicholas seeding. Today at the meeting, when it looked like vote for profit sharing was going to fail. Nicholas was about to give up and keep the draw. When they saw that the profit share was going to pass, they were on board for seeding. So unfortunately, money was more important than giving their kids the best opportunity to advance. I will say at least they were up front about it. I guess.